Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard virus question

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard virus question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Well, this is perhaps a little basic. I don't know a lot about IT. I may purchase a second-hand PS/2 mouse and keyboard. I have heard that USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NeedUpgradeHelp, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Mouse and keyboard virus question

Hi,

Well, this is perhaps a little basic. I don't know a lot about IT. I may purchase a second-hand PS/2 mouse and keyboard. I have heard that USB mouses (mice?) and keyboards can carry a virus and infect your computer:

infection - Can my mouse have virus and infect other machines? - Information Security Stack Exchange

but is this true for PS/2 mouses and keyboards as well?

Thanks.

PS: I know it says I have a Win 7 system, but I am on the Win 10 forum because I am in the process of upgrading to Win 10, and have had trouble and it was suggested I remove my USB mouse and keyboard and use PS/2 instead, for the upgrade process.

:)

NeedUpgradeHelp, Jan 10, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Keyboard and Mouse Question

Hello Dakota,

One possible reason why your wireless keyboard is not working may be caused by driver incompatibility. To better assist you, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any significant hardware/software changes done on your computer prior to this happening?
    • Can you clarify this statement: "in looking up the mouse the combination came up 1000 for the keyboard and 2000 for the mouse"?
    • Are you keyboard drivers up to date?
    • What is the current version/build of your Windows 10? To check, type
      winver
      on Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Jan 10, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Mouse and keyboard virus question

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard virus question

1. Mouse and keyboard virus question - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard virus

2. Mouse and Keyboard not working after virus infection.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mouse and Keyboard not working after virus infection.: A couple of days ago, my mother wanted to edit videos using my pc, and I naively left it to her, which proved to be a mistake later. I don't know at what point it happened, but someone had gained access to my Instagram account and Discord. Using Discord, they attempted to...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard not working after virus infection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard not working after virus infection.: A couple of days ago, my mother wanted to edit videos using my pc, and I naively left it to her, which proved to be a mistake later. I don't know at what point it happened, but someone had gained access to my Instagram account and Discord. Using Discord, they attempted to...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard not working after virus infection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. keyboard virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard virus: My keyboard stopped working and will not restart properly. I tried to fix,advanced options but keyboard isnt working so only option i have is to restart so i can not do anything with it. HELP PLEASE...
  6. virus questions

virus questions: can a virus steal files on your hard drive? i hear about key loggers and ransomwear that locks down an OS, but never heard of an attacker actually taking files from a system. if you have 2 drives in your system, and 1 of them gets infected, will the infected OS be able to...
  7. virus questions

in Windows 10 Support
    virus questions: can a virus steal files on your hard drive? i hear about key loggers and ransomwear that locks down an OS, but never heard of an attacker actually taking files from a system. if you have 2 drives in your system, and 1 of them gets infected, will the infected OS be able to...
  8. keyboard virus

keyboard virus: keyboard virus fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/keyboard-virus/90da1cbc-cce2-4ead-b7c3-e1ab79de794a
  9. Question about Viruses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Viruses: Hello I’m worried that I have a Rat or a keylogger on my pc and i wanted to know if one of these or any sort of malware attach themselves to MP3 or Wav files cause I wanna back up my music and all that but I don’t know if these can infect those files or not. Google won’t give...
  10. Mouse question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse question: Hey guys my mouse is plug and play..when I put the usb it says installing usb input device or wireless reciever....I wanna have it completely removed I went in device manager and uninstalled it.....my question is how come when I plug it back it doesn't say installing usb...