Windows 10: Mouse and keyboard wake my PC up from hibernate. Can I turn this off?

Discus and support Mouse and keyboard wake my PC up from hibernate. Can I turn this off? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like it to work like it used to on my computers of the past: like shutdown, only turning on with the power button. Can that be done? submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fighterbear12, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Mouse and keyboard wake my PC up from hibernate. Can I turn this off?

I would like it to work like it used to on my computers of the past: like shutdown, only turning on with the power button. Can that be done?

submitted by /u/Fighterbear12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fighterbear12, Dec 21, 2019
  2. noah Win User

PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard

Hi all. I've been struggling for weeks in finding a solution to this very annoying behavior of my new desktop pc running W10 Pro x64. I have successfully activated hibernate mode (S4), yet whenever the PC is hibernated a shake of the mouse or the press of any key on the keyboard just wakes and turns on the PC. Needless to say I do not want this to happen.

So far I have done many many tries and read all the tutorial on this forum. I can try to do a short summary of what I have learned so far:

• Hibernate (S4) works as confirmed by the fact that when it's waken up, the PC goes through the POST phase of the boot before loading W10. In addition a powercfg /a gives the following output
    Code:
    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg  /a The following sleep states are available on this system:     Standby (S3)     Hibernate     Hybrid Sleep     Fast Startup
    Sleep (S3) works too. Although it seems to have the same effects on the hardware (turns off the CPU fan), the waking up it's much quicker, without POST. In addition, here's the log from Windows event viewer:
    Code:
    Code:
    Log Name:      System Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:          12/12/2015 16:40:19 Event ID:      42 Task Category: (64) Level:         Information Keywords:      (4) User:          N/A Computer:      DESKTOP-9NITH1L Description: The system is entering sleep.  Sleep Reason: Application API

When waken up from hibernate:

Code:
    Code:
    Log Name:      System Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter Date:          12/12/2015 16:41:05 Event ID:      1 Task Category: None Level:         Information Keywords:       User:          LOCAL SERVICE Computer:      DESKTOP-9NITH1L Description: The system has returned from a low power state.  Sleep Time: ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎12T15:40:17.341524200Z Wake Time: ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎12T15:41:03.370130200Z  Wake Source: Unknown
    When waken up from sleep (S3):
    Code:
    Code:
    Log Name:      System Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:          12/12/2015 14:41:30 Event ID:      131 Task Category: (33) Level:         Information Keywords:      (4) User:          N/A Computer:      DESKTOP-9NITH1L Description: Firmware S3 times. ResumeCount: 2, FullResume: 1181, AverageResume: 1182   Log Name:      System Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter Date:          12/12/2015 14:41:32 Event ID:      1 Task Category: None Level:         Information Keywords:       User:          LOCAL SERVICE Computer:      DESKTOP-9NITH1L Description: The system has returned from a low power state.  Sleep Time: ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎12T13:25:52.338603100Z Wake Time: ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎12T13:41:31.138065200Z  Wake Source: Device -USB Root Hub
    • In the UEFI BIOS all the ACPI settings are in order, as shown in this photo. Bios is updated to the latest version.
      View image: WP 20151201 11 43 34 Pro
    • Enabling/Disabling Fast-boot and/or fast start-up changes nothing
    • I tried also a different USB wireless mouse, but no changes. With a PS/2 mouse the PC does not wake up from hibernation.
    • Switching the Logitech Unifying receiver between USB 2 and 3 makes no difference.
    • The same mouse and keyboard do not turn on the PC after a complete shut down.

Any suggestion is welcome, if you need more information please ask. Thank you all

3. Keyboard/mouse now wakes my computer from hibernate

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of hibernation was that it can only be turned back on by pressing the power button and couldn't be woken up by mouse/keyboard. My old computer and my laptop acts this way. I've just built a new computer and
    noticed that it wakes from hibernation from both the keyboard and mouse. Is this a new feature? If so, is there a way to undo this?

I thought perhaps the issue was with hybrid sleep being selected, but I turned it off and it still wakes from hibernation so that wasn't it. USB selective suspending is also enabled so when it's in hibernation, it should be suspending my keyboard/mouse
    but apparently it's still monitoring those signals.

I don't want to un-check "allow this device to wake the computer" because I still want to be able to wake my computer from sleep using my mouse/keyboard. But when I'm in hibernation, I want it to act like it's off and ignore mouse/keyboard inputs. There
    should be a way to do this, right? This was how my old computer acted so I would hope so...

dfvx990mq321pl, Dec 21, 2019
  4. EdwardYQ Win User

Mouse and keyboard wake my PC up from hibernate. Can I turn this off?

Keyboard and mouse cannot wake the computer after sleep

My new computer (windows 10) cannot wake from sleep by keyboard or mouse, despite that in device management the keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the computer. The drivers are up-to-date. Only the power button wakes the pc after sleep. In Management
    Engine Interface (power management) I have corrected the "wrong" setting that the computer is allowed to turn off this device to save power. Besides, I turned off hibernation with a restart as suggested. Does someone maybe have a solution for this problem
    ?

Edward

EdwardYQ, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Mouse and keyboard wake my PC up from hibernate. Can I turn this off?

1. Mouse and keyboard wake my PC up from hibernate. Can I turn this off? - Similar Threads - Mouse keyboard wake

2. Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?: I am using an HP laptop running Windows 10 Home version 21H2 build 19044.1645. I have my laptop set up with an external monitor for work and a keyboard and mouse both connected by usb. My set up is that my pc sits under a small stand that my monitor is on so it is next to...
  3. Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?: I am using an HP laptop running Windows 10 Home version 21H2 build 19044.1645. I have my laptop set up with an external monitor for work and a keyboard and mouse both connected by usb. My set up is that my pc sits under a small stand that my monitor is on so it is next to...
  4. Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to stop my PC from waking from hibernate on keyboard/mouse input?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop my PC from waking from hibernate on keyboard/mouse input?: On my old computer, I could put it into hibernate overnight and it wouldn't turn on no matter how much I spammed keyboard/mouse. I have been using a much better gaming PC since mid-February this year, works very smoothly and I love it, however I can't hibernate like I used...
  6. how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse

how to wake up from hibernation using keyboard or mouse: HI, i do use hibernation option instead of sleep to conserve battery life is there away to wake up from keyboard or mouse in normal sleep PC woke up easily from any mouse click or keyboard...
  7. Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation: I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse connected to my laptop via the USB receiver. I am able to wake up my computer from sleep using either the mouse or keyboard but not from hibernation. Any help or suggestions. TIA! submitted by /u/rubeo_O [link] [comments]...
  8. Waking up the PC with mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Waking up the PC with mouse or keyboard: Help me to set up waking the pc with a mouse or keyboard. Normally when my laptop goes to sleep, I have to press the power button to wake it up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-the-pc-with-mouse-or-keyboard/951b0a7c-36ee-4242-8eff-9a9d3fe59be0
  9. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289
  10. PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard

PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard: Hi all. I've been struggling for weeks in finding a solution to this very annoying behavior of my new desktop pc running W10 Pro x64. I have successfully activated hibernate mode (S4), yet whenever the PC is hibernated a shake of the mouse or the press of any key on the...