Windows 10: Mouse and Keyboard Won't Work

Discus and support Mouse and Keyboard Won't Work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We have HP Pavilion Desktop, running Windows 10. Recently, the mouse and keyboard abruptly stopped working at the time! I turned off the pc, waited a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JillDouglas, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Mouse and Keyboard Won't Work

We have HP Pavilion Desktop, running Windows 10. Recently, the mouse and keyboard abruptly stopped working at the time! I turned off the pc, waited a few minutes, turned it back on - nothing. Changed the batteries in both. Still dead. Six and a half hours later, they came back on. This has happened twice in the past 2 weeks. We do not have any kind of diagnostic program running, especially on those 2 devices. Can anyone suggest what is causing this?

:)

JillDouglas, Aug 17, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 17, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Mouse and Keyboard Won't Work

Vega Hassan, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Mouse and Keyboard Won't Work

1. Mouse and Keyboard Won't Work - Similar Threads - Mouse Keyboard Won't

2. No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work: Hey I was about to play a new game I installed on my computer from Ubisoft and but it said my graphics driver was out of date I went to update it. I then went back to the game to check it but it was still saying the same thing I went over to device manger to update it...
  3. No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal and mouse/keyboard won't work: Hey I was about to play a new game I installed on my computer from Ubisoft and but it said my graphics driver was out of date I went to update it. I then went back to the game to check it but it was still saying the same thing I went over to device manger to update it...
  4. My keyboard and mouse won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard and mouse won't work: My keyboard and mouse won't work when I get to my sign in screen and I don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-and-mouse-wont-work/4af0e1dc-2d8a-49c8-9d24-41b7ba89fa88
  5. My keyboard and mouse won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard and mouse won't work: My keyboard and mouse won't work when I get to my sign in screen and I don't know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-and-mouse-wont-work/4af0e1dc-2d8a-49c8-9d24-41b7ba89fa88
  6. My keyboard and mouse won't work

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...
  8. After Update Mouse & Keyboard Won't Work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Update Mouse & Keyboard Won't Work: [IMG] My Acer all in one did an update. It is now stuck on this screen and the mouse and keyboard will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-mouse-keyboard-wont-work/cead84ec-84af-4437-b2f8-8c941038d700
  9. Keyboard + Mouse won't work together when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard + Mouse won't work together when gaming.: Hi. First post here, so please excuse me if I've posted this in the wrong subforum. When playing games, I can't use the keyboard and click on the mouse at the same time. I have to first stop using the keyboard, then wait a few seconds, then be able to click with the mouse....
  10. mouse won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse won't work: I downloaded Windows 10 on my Dell PC and the screen opens with hello (and my name) and a place to click to continue or next but the mouse is not available to me now. I tried just hitting enter but that does not work. I can't access anything on my computer now as it won't...