Windows 10: Mouse and keybord only work in bios. Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse and keybord only work in bios. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Suddenly my mouse and keyboard stopped working. I have later found out it works in Bios. I have tried to change setting in Bios and the keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FelixHoLa, Jan 12, 2021.

1. FelixHoLa Win User

Mouse and keybord only work in bios. Windows 10

Suddenly my mouse and keyboard stopped working. I have later found out it works in Bios.

I have tried to change setting in Bios and the keyboard and mouse works on my other computer. Can anyone help me?

:)

FelixHoLa, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 12, 2021
  3. KoenvE Win User
    Keybord isnt working after update

Hi all,

Two weeks ago I installed a new Windows 10 update, and after that the keyboard of my HP zbook 15 was not working anymore. I tried to reinstall different drivers for the keybord but nothing seems to work. Other things I tried:

-update windows to the latest version

-reinstall windows

-search for malware

-uninstalling the device and restarting

I dont think this is a hardware issue. When I try to test my keybord online with a keybord tester, it does register the button presses, but as <unregistered>. Funnily enough, this only works when I uninstall the keybord driver. If I install a newer driver,
    it does not register keybord pushes anymore.

I am running out of ideas on what to do. Does anyone have a good suggestion about this?

Kind regards,

Koen

KoenvE, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Mouse and keybord only work in bios. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse keybord bios

2. Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard work in BIOS but not Windows: I know this question has been asked before on these forums, but I have tried everything in the responses, and nothing has worked. I am at my wits end. Mouse and keyboard both USB work fine up until it comes time to use Windows, then shut off as if the power to the USB is...
  3. Keyboard and mouse is only working in bios mode and not windows 10 start screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse is only working in bios mode and not windows 10 start screen: I reset my pc to clear out my sad and now the keyboard and mouse won’t work and let me set it up but will work in biosNot my video but this is a visual example of this problem https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8F7EjU1/...
  4. Keyboard and mouse is only working in bios mode and not windows 10 start screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse is only working in bios mode and not windows 10 start screen: I reset my pc to clear out my sad and now the keyboard and mouse won’t work and let me set it up but will work in biosNot my video but this is a visual example of this problem https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8F7EjU1/...
  5. Keyboard and mouse is only working in bios mode and not windows 10 start screen

6. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  8. My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio

My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio: Hi my mouse and keyboard are not working but do work in the bio And i restarted when I once and it didnt work. so when I go on into system restore it says administrater password but I can’t make a new account because my mouse and keyboard don’t work and it’s kind of new...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS: So I got an Ocus Rift S yesterday, and I ran into an obscure problem with sensors not being able to be tracked. I looked at multiple sources saying the fix was easy. After trying every single one, nothing ever worked of course, the last one I tried was changing the drivers...
  10. Keybord in windows 10 doesn't work

Keybord in windows 10 doesn't work: I cannot get my keyboard to work on this laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keybord-in-windows-10-doesnt-work/ec31aa50-472a-4eb4-b3a6-230cad643cec