Windows 10: Mouse and keystroke stutter every 3 seconds in Win10

Discus and support Mouse and keystroke stutter every 3 seconds in Win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been trying to fix my mothers laptop for two days (literally 48+ hours of trouble shooting, like I've got nothing better to do with my life)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by errantmarc, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Mouse and keystroke stutter every 3 seconds in Win10

I have been trying to fix my mothers laptop for two days (literally 48+ hours of trouble shooting, like I've got nothing better to do with my life) because it has an issue where the mouse cursor and keystrokes will fail to register for a second every 3 seconds, it's also very slow to perform basic tasks. It is like a micro freeze for 25% of the time. The issue only began when the laptop was automatically upgraded to Win10 after a few years of telling it NO, it just did the "upgrade" anyway. It never had an issue previously.

So far I have tried just about everything (I can think of) possible, right now I am at this point;

I have done a reset of windows, deleted everything third party from the HDD, updated every single driver manually from Microsoft and hardware manufacturers (not though windows update which fails to discover the newest version), turned off every non-Microsoft service and start program, adjusted all manner of settings with the mouse/touchpad and power options, graphics, monitor, background, done the defrag, sfc /scannow, DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, CHKDSK /f tests, and just everything I can think of that may affect it, including disabling every single driver one by one, swapping mice and disabling the touchpad, the thing is running bare bones and it still occurs. But... Booting into Safe Mode rectifies the issue.

Pulling my hair out right now. Not only was this issue forced upon someone who did not consent to the Win10 upgrade, but it has consumed many hours of my time to attempt to rectify. Not happy.

:)

errantmarc, Sep 7, 2018

2. Stuttering Every Two Seconds

Every two seconds I get a stutter, the mouse freezes and then jumps forward. Audio stutters, games stutter, everything stutters very briefly (on the order of milliseconds) every two seconds.

This happens every two seconds like clock work. It happens on windows, it happens in browsers, it happens in games.

I've tried updating all the drivers I can find. I've tried a System restore to last month even though the problem just started today. I've tried closing out of programs and disabling various tasks.

I've tried various checks and all come back clean:

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • CHKDSK /f

Please help!

BoostHungry, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

smartalecktexan, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Brogaty Win User

Mouse and keystroke stutter every 3 seconds in Win10

Mouse stuttering

Since I had installed Windows 10 on the 5th, I have had clear movement on my mouse since then. Just a couple hours ago, I noticed the mouse lagging issues that had occured for me in Windows 8.1 had started returning. I reinstalled my mouse driver software,
    and even double checked it. This issue has affected my desktop, and my games itself (I dont need to be in game to experience the stuttering). Every couple of minutes at random my mouse will freeze up for a second and just stop working, clicks, scrollwheel,
    and movement don't register for around 1-3 seconds before working again.

Brogaty, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Mouse and keystroke stutter every 3 seconds in Win10

1. Mouse and keystroke stutter every 3 seconds in Win10 - Similar Threads - Mouse keystroke stutter

2. mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine: I'm going mad trying to find the root of this bloody problem. I don't understand what's up with it really- Just yesterday i was using my computer just fine, when it began stuttering like so, I didn't do anything suspicious and i've tried updating everything. Looked up in...
  3. mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse stutters every few seconds, videos and audio seem to be fine: I'm going mad trying to find the root of this bloody problem. I don't understand what's up with it really- Just yesterday i was using my computer just fine, when it began stuttering like so, I didn't do anything suspicious and i've tried updating everything. Looked up in...
  4. Win10 keystrokes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 keystrokes: The keyboard is hard to use in win10 for Pacman. Win10 does not hold keystroke like in win8. How can I make win10 hold your last keystroke like all previous versions of windows. Example: in Pacman when going down long straight stretch I could press right key and pacman would...
  5. Win10 keystrokes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 keystrokes: The keyboard is hard to use in win10 for Pacman. Win10 does not hold keystroke like in win8. How can I make win10 hold your last keystroke like all previous versions of windows. Example: in Pacman when going down long straight stretch I could press right key and pacman would...
  6. Win10 lag/stuttering every second

Win10 lag/stuttering every second: Hello,I recently started having a problem within the last day where the entire computer will freeze almost every second for a millisecond while audio sounds fine and is never interrupted.I don’t remember doing anything that would have started this besides disabling the...
  7. Constant stuttering every second

Constant stuttering every second: Hello,I recently started having a problem within the last day where the entire computer will freeze almost every second for a millisecond while audio sounds fine and is never interrupted.I don’t remember doing anything that would have started this besides disabling the...
  8. constant stutter every 10 seconds

constant stutter every 10 seconds: getting a constant system stutter every 6 seconds. mouse pauses, anything running pauses for half a second constantly just re installed windows 10 to an older dell inspirion 15 laptop. also replaced hard drive, memory card and battery. when ran diagnostic and getting this...
  9. Mouse jitters every 1-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse jitters every 1-3 seconds: If I moved my mouse continuously around the desktop every 1-3 a trail will be left behind. As if my mouse skipped a few frames. Any fix for this? submitted by /u/byalkou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwhbvd/mouse_jitters_every_13_seconds/
  10. Stutter every two seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Stutter every two seconds: My computer sometimes starts to--every two seconds--stutter for like a split second no matter what I'm doing. This is the entire desktop and it goes right over into making videos and games stutter like that, making things unplayable and videos a headache to watch. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. key strokes studdering

2. laptop stutters every few seconds amd

3. laptop stutters every 3 seconds

4. gamesstutter from to many key strokes