Windows 10: Mouse and Other Pointing Devices keeps disappearing

Discus and support Mouse and Other Pointing Devices keeps disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've got quite the dilemma at the moment since an update in I believe late May or early June(?) my mouse has been repeatedly and sporadically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JanetDJ, Aug 19, 2019.

1. JanetDJ Win User

Mouse and Other Pointing Devices keeps disappearing

Hi, I've got quite the dilemma at the moment since an update in I believe late May or early June(?) my mouse has been repeatedly and sporadically cutting off and on at random intervals of time before eventually not working at all. I came on here to try and find a solution before, but I was told my best bet was to wait for an update and well it's been two months later updated windows mouse proceeded to work for about 2-3 hours before the exact same issue occurred. The most I've got narrowed down is the fact that in Device Manager 'Mouse and Other Pointing Devices' is gone when this issue occurs.

I've tried a good handful of things:

Restarting the device

Checking all my USB outlets

Checking different Mouse devices (wireless and Bluetooth mice aren't responding either)

Uninstalling and Reinstalling Mouse Device (using the USB port it's failed to be recognized in since the mouse section is gone)

It isn't an issue with my mouse's driver because you don't even need a driver for any of the mice I have and the only one with one is solely for customization purposes

Resetting Windows and when that didn't work I even tried a clean reinstallation

Checking the power settings to make sure it wasn't cutting off in a USB port

I was hoping I could uninstall the update, but when I tried it kept failing to do so though I'm not sure why

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears since I'm not sure how long I'm supposed to wait for an update to magically fix this

:)

JanetDJ, Aug 19, 2019

2. synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Try Uninstalling your device first, restart and then Install again.

Step 1:

• Open device manager by right clicking This PC and select Manage. On the left pane, click the same.
    • Under Mouse and pointing devices, right click the synaptics driver and click Uninstall.
    Step 2:

Restart when prompted. Remember, Restart!

Step 3:

Install the synaptics driver again using the setup utility provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 19, 2019
  3. mouse pointer disappears

Hi,

There are different reasons why your mouse pointer disappears. For us to properly isolate the issue, we need the following information:

• Have you made any changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Can you please provide the troubleshooting steps that you've done to resolve the concern?

In the meantime, we recommend you to perform the basic troubleshooting steps provided below:

• Unplug and plug your mouse from your device.
    • Try to use another mouse and check if the same issue occurs.
    • Update your mouse drivers. To know more information about updating drivers in Windows 10, click this
      link.

Gerdimae Sal, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse and Other Pointing Devices keeps disappearing - Similar Threads - Mouse Pointing Devices

2. Arrow, and Mice and other Pointing Devices have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arrow, and Mice and other Pointing Devices have Disappeared: Hi there,I was working on my laptop when suddenly the arrow on my screen disappeared. I tried restarting and shutting down my laptop which brought back the arrow. However, after a few minutes, it disappeared again. I tried the same method again but it didn't work. I tried...
  3. Arrow, and Mice and other Pointing Devices have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arrow, and Mice and other Pointing Devices have Disappeared: Hi there,I was working on my laptop when suddenly the arrow on my screen disappeared. I tried restarting and shutting down my laptop which brought back the arrow. However, after a few minutes, it disappeared again. I tried the same method again but it didn't work. I tried...
  4. Arrow, and Mice and other Pointing Devices have Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problem with Human Interface Devices HID and Mouse and other pointing devices Drivers...

Problem with Human Interface Devices HID and Mouse and other pointing devices Drivers...: Hello,Everyone.I have a problem regarding my touchpad and some drivers. I have ASUS FX505GM laptop, windows 11, core i5 8th gen. My touchpad sometimes suddenly stops working by itself and then comes back on suddenly after sometime/someday. When this happens i try to press my...
  6. Mouse And Other Pointing Device Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse And Other Pointing Device Missing: I Just Downgraded My Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 after downgrading and Booting Mouse Is Not Working In My Laptop . I even checked Mouse Driver In My Laptop. There Is no Human Interface Category and Mouse and other pointing device category in my laptop.Please Help Me ASAP...
  7. Mouse And Other Pointing Device Missing

Mouse And Other Pointing Device Missing: I Just Downgraded My Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 after downgrading and Booting Mouse Is Not Working In My Laptop . I even checked Mouse Driver In My Laptop. There Is no Human Interface Category and Mouse and other pointing device category in my laptop.Please Help Me ASAP...
  8. Mouse doesn’t appear under mice and other pointing devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse doesn’t appear under mice and other pointing devices.: Hi guys. I want to allow my Bluetooth Mouse (MX master3) to wake my laptop. But it doesn’t appear under mice and other pointing devices in device manager. I’ve toggled “show hidden devices” it still didn’t appear. The mouse is in the Bluetooth section but there is no power...
  9. Restore Points keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Points keep disappearing: Hello Everyone, I've read some other threads here about system restore points missing or being deleted - but I haven't noticed an accepted solution or possible troubleshooting tips that have helped. I have a new Dell Inspiron (see specs under avatar) that I purchased 3...
  10. Mouse not recognized and Device Manager's 'mouse and other pointing devices' is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not recognized and Device Manager's 'mouse and other pointing devices' is missing: As stated above it looks like the most recent update of Windows yeeted my mouse since about Thursday or so my mouse has been disconnecting constantly and Saturday it flat out stopped connecting at all and it's unrecognized by my PC as well so I tried a few solutions, but none...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mice and other pointing device

2. mice and other pointing device man

3. mice and other pointing

4. device manager mouse and pointing devices disappears,
  5. mice and other pointing device not showing,
  6. mice and poi,
  7. mice and other pointing devices,
  8. mouse and pointing device missing,
  9. mouse and other pointing device,
  10. mice and other pointer,
  11. mice and other pointers,