Windows 10: Mouse and screen keep freezing up randomly for around 0.5 - 1 second

Discus and support Mouse and screen keep freezing up randomly for around 0.5 - 1 second in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was playing Spellbreak when this started happening. For context, I was using my GPU to mine ethereum for about 4 weeks prior to this. I would leave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cowlicker12, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Mouse and screen keep freezing up randomly for around 0.5 - 1 second

I was playing Spellbreak when this started happening. For context, I was using my GPU to mine ethereum for about 4 weeks prior to this. I would leave my computer running overnight using a program called MSI Afterburner to limit power to 80%, memory clock to 699 MHz, and automatic fan speed. My mouse is a Razer Death Adder from around 8-10 years ago, but this is also happening while using a cheap mouse from Walmart. The keyboard doesn't seem to freeze, only the mouse does and whatever is on the screen does. Today I used Windows 10's Reset This PC feature (keep my files option), but even afterwards this issue was still happening. I am in the process of downloading the latest Windows Updates and NVIDIA GeForce Experience to update GPU drivers, but I feel as though the problem will still be there (will close this post if the issue no longer appears).

Is there a way to automatically detect my PC's specs? I don't know of a way, but here is what I know:

NVIDIA RTX 2080
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
    16GB RAM

- - - Updated - - -

Just discovered something else - even if I disconnect the 2 monitors I had connected into the GPU and only run the old monitor I have plugged into the motherboard, the freezing still occurs. Does this mean that this isn't related to my GPU?

:)

cowlicker12, Mar 28, 2021
  2. gto78 Win User

Mouse Freezing every 30 seconds

I have a strange problem, pissing me off especially when I try to play BF2142. My mouse randomly freezes, sometimes every 5 minutes, sometimes 5 times a minute. Also it freezes for 2 minutes sometimes, and for 2 seconds other times..... WTF!! I plugged in a standard PS2 mouse and that one works great ALL the time, but the USB mouse keeps doin this crap for a week now. I've done a few virus scans but nothing. Any ideas?

gto78, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Galirn Win User

Mouse and screen keep freezing up randomly for around 0.5 - 1 second

Mouse Cursor on second screen changes randomly

• Did the issue only occur when you updated your graphics card?
      • Appears to have only begun with the new graphics card. It's an AMD RX480 card. I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers prior to installing the new AMD drivers. It doesn't occur on the first monitor, only second. Which would indicate either something in the
        translation between monitors or something along those lines.
    • Are your drivers up to date?
      • From my understanding they all are, I try to keep everything up to date.
    • Have you checked if the problem is the mouse itself?
      • I do not currently have a second mouse, but the fact that it's only when it tracks to the second screen. On first screen everything is good. The normal cursor displays, but when I track to the second screen that's when the weirdness happens.
    • Are you using a wired mouse
      • Yes

Galirn, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Mouse and screen keep freezing up randomly for around 0.5 - 1 second

1. Mouse and screen keep freezing up randomly for around 0.5 - 1 second - Similar Threads - Mouse screen keep

2. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  3. mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard randomly freezing up for a few seconds: Running Windows 11 and over the last month or so, the mouse and keyboard have started freezing up every 5 mins or so for a few seconds and it seems to be getting more frequent. Even typing this question the keyboard is doing it. I have seen this question asked on the MS...
  4. My ethernet connection keeps dropping at random intervals for around 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My ethernet connection keeps dropping at random intervals for around 5 seconds: Hi! Since a few days ago my ehternet connection has been unstable, as I said in the title it drops to zero at random intervals for around 5 seconds at a time - see image below;another image for refrence; To fix this i've tried to;* re-installl the drivers* update the drivers*...
  5. Mouse is freezing and jumping around screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse is freezing and jumping around screen: My mouse seems to be freezing and jumping around the screen constantly. Especially when watching youtube videos or playing video games but it can happen during any task, even just on the desktop.SpecsRyzen 3600AMD R9 29016 gbs of ram128 gb SSD 20gbs free1TB storage 200 gb...
  6. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  8. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  9. My peripherals randomly freeze for around 5 seconds.

My peripherals randomly freeze for around 5 seconds.: Here's what happens. Everything connected to my computer pauses or glitches for about 5 seconds. My mouse stops working. The RGB effect on my keyboard freezes. Audio stops working or starts glitching. Video freezes, or sometimes will continue working. I can usually hear one...
  10. random 1 second freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    random 1 second freezes: I installed windows 10 when it came out and have since experienced random 1 second freezes. I then started looking what might cause it and found out that every time my PC freezes systems CPU usage goes up by 20%. I then looked with Process Monitor what is happening and saw it...