Windows 10: Mouse and Theme settings

Discus and support Mouse and Theme settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is both an administrator account (me) and a user account (my partner) on my Win 10 PC. Each account has its own mouse and theme settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Glidemaster, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Mouse and Theme settings

There is both an administrator account (me) and a user account (my partner) on my Win 10 PC. Each account has its own mouse and theme settings. Starting about 2 months ago the settings don't hold and either the theme and mouse settings of one account become the settings for other account. I can reset them but after a few days they revert once again. Any suggestions?

:)

Glidemaster, Jul 19, 2019

2. Theme settings

Hi Peter,

In Creators Update, you can now customize Windows Themes using the Settings app and get new ones from the Windows Store. Additionally, it also includes an option to set a custom accent color, instead of having to choose from a limited list of predefined
    colors. To further rectify your concern, follow these steps to get into your Themes settings:

• Press Windows key + I.
    • Click Personalization.
    • You will find Themes located at the left side of Personalization options.

If you're having difficulties accessing your Themes settings, kindly specify more details about it. You may also send us screenshots.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Jose Est Win User

Mouse and Theme settings

Windows 10 Theme settings won't retain

Hi Alex,

Personalization includes your account's theme settings, desktop background, color and appearance, sounds, screen saver settings, desktop icon settings, mouse pointers, Notification Area Icons, and System Icons.

In Windows 10, the personalization settings are all moving to the Settings app. To access the setting app, here are the steps:

• On the Start Menu - select Settings (or in the Action Center - select All Settings)
    • In the Settings app - select Personalization
      • The Desktop Slideshow is available under Background
      • The Windows Color is under Colors
      • The Sounds can be reached through Themes - Advanced sound settings
    Once you begin to change the options, there will be an Unsaved Theme that you can rename.

As a workaround in creating a personal theme in windows 10, click on any theme under My Themes or Default Themes then press the Windows key and R (for Run) then enter control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper on the run line. The old Desktop
    Background screen will come up and you select Clear All then Browse. Select Pictures, scroll down to the ones you want to make a theme of, select the pictures then Save Changes. Click on Unsaved Theme to save it with the name of your choice and you have a
    new theme.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Mouse and Theme settings

1. Mouse and Theme settings - Similar Threads - Mouse Theme settings

2. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1
  3. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1
  4. Mouse Pointer Themes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer Themes: In a previous version of Windows maybe version 7 I was able to select themes for my mouse pointer. The theme I enjoyed was Dinosaurs. Is there a addin available which provides more themes for mouse pointers?...
  5. Settings theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings theme: Hello, This might not be the place, but just wanted to induce the idea through people who may, would one day pursue windows developers to do this. So, I wanted to post this a few years back, thought it'd be stupid thing to do, as devs will already be working on this, which...
  6. Settings/Appearance/Theme Removal

Settings/Appearance/Theme Removal: In Settings/Appearance/Theme I have a black and a blue square. The blue is chosen and I want to remove it, but not choose the black one either. How do I get my standard theme back?...
  7. THEMES shows in setting but not in theme folder inside local folder!

THEMES shows in setting but not in theme folder inside local folder!: I have windows 10 Ent has themes showing in setting but while i am trying to find in C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes no files found related to themes files name Please advice how to trace that themes files...
  8. windows 10, settings, theme

windows 10, settings, theme: every time I try to open themes in personalization, the settings program will first have no reaction and then exit. I've tried sfc and restarting themes in services but they didn't have any effect. please help....
  9. 'Themes Settings' Pops Up When Switching Themes

'Themes Settings' Pops Up When Switching Themes: I pinned to my start menu 2 shortcuts to 2 windows themes to easily switch between the 2 themes. But the problem is when I switch to a theme, the Themes Settings window pops up. I dont want that. How can I prevent that from popping up when I switch themes? 107220
  10. Can't access theme settings.

Can't access theme settings.: hey, i just updated my pc from windows 8.1 to windows 10, however i forgot i had some custom theme installed that made my windows & notepads black/grey. by now i deleted the theme from the folders, but my pc seems to be stuck with it, and when i try to enter the theme...