Windows 10: Mouse and touchpad disabled itself and stop working without touching some key on keyboard

Discus and support Mouse and touchpad disabled itself and stop working without touching some key on keyboard in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; İ am using Lenovo y510p PC with windows 10 operation system, like a month or so i am experiencing problem that mouse and touchpad disabled itself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ahhulennrizaaa, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Mouse and touchpad disabled itself and stop working without touching some key on keyboard

İ am using Lenovo y510p PC with windows 10 operation system, like a month or so i am experiencing problem that mouse and touchpad disabled itself without reason and stop working ( with mouse it can move but clicking do nothing, with touchpad completely gone even can't move) when i touch some keyboard key mouse activate itself again. Today i can't even do anything with PC because in 1 minute i faced the problem like 10 times. İs there anyone can help me out here?

submitted by /u/ahhulennrizaaa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ahhulennrizaaa, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Geschi Win User

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems will never resolve themselves on their own, but as soon as I reset the computer everything works again - to me, that sounded like a driver crash, but nope! I checked the driver menu and it told me everything was running just fine. What's even more strange is that I have the backlight keyboard enabled so that when I type, it lights up. And strangely, the keys still light up when I press them, so I know it's registering my typing SOME how.

You would also think that this would be a software problem since it fixes immediately upon reset, but I've noticed that this issue seems to crop up a lot right after I have moved my computer... I'm lost and I've scoured the internet for clues, but no one else seems to have this problem. Please help!

In order to possibly do testing on what is causing this (via suggestions hopefully, I've tried everything I can think of) I am purposely not resetting my computer (thankfully this is a touch screen, but this on-screen keyboard typing is obnoxious). Currently, both keyboard and touchpad don't work, but a usb mouse I use does (the computer is also set so that using the usb mouse does not disable the touchpad).

Geschi, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Robot Win User

Mouse and touchpad disabled itself and stop working without touching some key on keyboard

no keyboard, Mouse or touchpad

Restart my computer last night, laptop keyboard would not work, also notice that touchpad had stopped. went to device manager and I had a yellow triangle next to both it told me both drive were the latest. unistalled both restart computer.no keyboard, no mouse(now), no touchapd, stil have touchscreen keyboard. Went to device manager, HID keyboard there no problem mouse there no problem, unplug mouse disappears plug it in it s back. But laptop keyboard does not work nor does mouse, touch pad still has a problem Yellow triangle.
    Went to windows restore, mouse and Keyboard are working on this screen, tell it to go back to previous update, ERROR can not got back. Go back to Win 10 no mouse , no laptop keyboard, no touch pad.
    Help! Where to next?

Robot, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Mouse and touchpad disabled itself and stop working without touching some key on keyboard

1. Mouse and touchpad disabled itself and stop working without touching some key on keyboard - Similar Threads - Mouse touchpad disabled

2. Touchpad disables itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad disables itself: I was using my laptop for work and after typing for a while the touchpad stopped working. I don’t have a mouse connected, I didn’t turn off the touchpad in settings. I looked up a video and it said to check the touchpad settings, upon inspection I noticed that the touchpad...
  3. Touchpad disables itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad disables itself: I was using my laptop for work and after typing for a while the touchpad stopped working. I don’t have a mouse connected, I didn’t turn off the touchpad in settings. I looked up a video and it said to check the touchpad settings, upon inspection I noticed that the touchpad...
  4. Some keyboard keys stop working randomly on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard keys stop working randomly on windows: I have Dell inspiron 7577 laptop which was working without issues.. a few months ago some keyboard keys numpad 1,4,5,7 have stopped working completely..And yesterday keys F12 and numpad / also stopped.. I thought there was some problem with the hardware.. but today I booted a...
  5. MSI GS65 Keyboard some keys stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSI GS65 Keyboard some keys stopped working.: Hello Everyone,My Laptop MSI GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF builtin keyboard stopped working.I tried to re-install windows for few times but the problem doesn't fix.I found the similar post:Webcam driver completely removed since last update 2020 in MSI laptop - Microsoft...
  6. Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes: Hi, so my issue is that some of the keys on my keyboard which are six, five, volume up same button as f2, mute same button as f1, Control, and the squiggly one don't work when I press them. Sometimes they will work, and when one of them does, usually all of them start to....
  7. Some keys on my keyboard stopped working

Some keys on my keyboard stopped working: A few keys C, N, alt, space, backspace, etc. stopped working and at first i thought it might just be a broken keyboard so i bought a new one but the problem happened again. I managed to fix it for a day by updating my pc but then a day later the problem starts happening...
  8. My laptop's touchpad,mouse and certain keys in keyboard are not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop's touchpad,mouse and certain keys in keyboard are not working.: Hi, My laptop's touchpad,mouse and certain keys in keyboard are not working. So, I can't enter my password And i can't even reset my password because keyboard not working. I don't know what to do. Please help,I have important files in my laptop....
  9. Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!

Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!: Hi there, Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working on my laptop 2 days ago and I couldn't fix it and currently writing this post using on-screen keyboard. I've tried the following and it didn't work: Troubleshooter. Updating, uninstalling, drivers and even downloaded...
  10. Disabling Touchpad without a Secondary Function Key?

Disabling Touchpad without a Secondary Function Key?: I just bought a new laptop recently, but I have noticed that there is no secondary function to turn off the touchpad (e.g. fn+F3 with an image of the touchpad). I also went into the Control Panel to attempt to turn it off, but even that didn't work. Can anyone help me with...