Windows 10: Mouse and touchpad lags on large movements

Discus and support Mouse and touchpad lags on large movements in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been experiencing a problem with mice and cursors on windows 10, which happens anywhere using the OS, on the desktop, in browsers, in games, etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XanderC1, Feb 25, 2021.

1. XanderC1 Win User

Mouse and touchpad lags on large movements

I've been experiencing a problem with mice and cursors on windows 10, which happens anywhere using the OS, on the desktop, in browsers, in games, etc. when i move the cursor slowly, or a small amount, theres no lag, but if i quickly perform a large movement, the cursor will move after i've stopped performing the movement, at a slower speed than i moved it, and will continue after i take the mouse off the desk. this is most likely not a problem with my mouse, due to it also occuring on a laptops touchpad. if you want to see if this happens for you, set your windows sensitivity navigate to the option by opening up settings, navigating to the mouse section, and clicking additional mouse options on the side of the screen to the lowest one possible, and perform a large movement very quickly, and then very slowly, and see if you can notice a difference, with a quick, large movement, try taking your mouse off the desk after you finish moving the mouse, and see if the cursor lags behind. this issue is especially problematic in games, as if i'm playing a first person game, and need to turn around quickly, i cannot, due to the cursor slowing down the speed of my flick.

What is the possible solution, and are you experiencing this issue yourself?

:)

XanderC1, Feb 25, 2021
  2. VarunNRao Win User

Mouse movement lag after update to Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.48

Ever since I updated my Windows 10 Home Single Language to version 1803 and Build 17134.48 I've noticed a lot of lag in mouse movement on screen relative to physical movement on the touchpad. The mouse simply disappears on screen and appears elsewhere along
    the direction in which I've moved it. This issue was not there previously and has appeared only after updating to the April 2018 Update. I've searched the forums and not found any similar problems. Would appreciate it if someone could suggest any fixes.

Thanks in advance

VarunNRao, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Touchpad mouse pointer lag

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access touchpad after being upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you to resolve this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to touchpad settings/ corrupted drivers.

I suggest you to connect external mouse to your device as touchpad is not working and check if it is working. If so follow the below steps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Write Troubleshooting
      in the search box and hit Enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and Enable.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Mouse and touchpad lags on large movements - Similar Threads - Mouse touchpad lags

2. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  3. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  4. Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing: Hi,I have HP Pavilion 15 laptop with Windows 11, I use ELAN Driver for the touchpad.Recently, The touchpad seems to randomly lag or freeze, especially after clicking on the touchpad and sometimes clicking on it again stops the lagging. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall...
  5. Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing: Hi,I have HP Pavilion 15 laptop with Windows 11, I use ELAN Driver for the touchpad.Recently, The touchpad seems to randomly lag or freeze, especially after clicking on the touchpad and sometimes clicking on it again stops the lagging. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall...
  6. Keyboard movement lag

Keyboard movement lag: Everything was fine, i reinstalled my windows since i had low storage and had no idea what was causing it. Since I did that app centre from gigabyte was gone, i installed it again since it helped me with my FPS and such, after i did i started having this problem. I had this...
  7. Touchpad/Mouse Lag

Touchpad/Mouse Lag: I know this topic has come up a lot however, I have tried a lot of solutions here and elsewhere online and I still have issues. I have a HP ENVY Notebook - 17-n152sa. The cursor lags or stops after a few minutes then runs smoothly. I have tried these solutions: Update...
  8. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  9. Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop

Mouse Movement Lag - Windows 10 & Laptop: Hey guys. I'm honestly getting so annoyed with this. I have a laptop that I got about 1.5 years ago (HP), and recently every single mouse that I plug into the laptop seems to lag. By lag I mean when you drag it across the screen it will stop and stutter in places. My...
  10. Touchpad/Mouse lag and audio beep

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad/Mouse lag and audio beep: I just switch from windows 8.1 to 10 and now I get the audio "beep" when I am using my touchpad. When the mouse moves and it lags an audio beep sounds. Turning off the audio stops the sound and when playing a video, the audio from the video is not affected. Was not happening...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad lags when moving