Windows 10: Mouse and touchpad not working

Discus and support Mouse and touchpad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So earlier today i noticed that my mouse wasnt working and i thought it was a battery issue(using a wireless) but when i tried my touchpad its nit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cauyao615, Apr 25, 2017.

1. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

So earlier today i noticed that my mouse wasnt working and i thought it was a battery issue(using a wireless) but when i tried my touchpad its nit working too. I tried searching in google how to fix it but none of it worked, from updating the driver,system restore and the problem still happens in safe mode. I check the device manager and i noticed that under mice and other pointing device only my wireless mouse is recognize and as soon as i unplug the mouse, the mice and other pointing device completely dissappear in the option. Even though the mouse is recognized it doesnt work. So what could i do to try to fix it?

:)

cauyao615, Apr 25, 2017
  2. Arun B J Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Steps 1: Run Hardware and device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Step 2: And also try to update the touchpad and Mouse drivers from the manufacturer web site and check if it helps.

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 25, 2017
  3. touchpad right-click stopped working after recent windows 10 upgrade(s)

To solve click on
    Touchpad Stopped Working
    solutions or try to download latest touchpad driver for your laptop or enable touch bad from Touchpad by going to Mouse & touchpad and click on Additional mouse options.

Jakeanderson_22, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Mouse and touchpad not working

Hi cauyao615.

Might I suggest unplug all USB devices. Unplug power cord and remove battery. Press and hold power button for 30 secs.

Re-assemble, do not plug in any USB devices. Boot. Test.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 25, 2017
  5. cauyao615 Win User
    Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Apr 26, 2017
  6. cauyao615 Win User
    Bump anyone got any suggestion on how to fix my problem? My touchpad not being on the mice and other poiting devices really bothers me, i think its malfunctioning and hi-jacking my mouse to function

cauyao615, Apr 26, 2017
  7. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    A good way to start in diagnosing these kinds of problems is to first determine whether you are dealing with a hardware problem or a software (Windows or driver) problem.

The best way to do that is to download a copy of Ubuntu to a USB stick. Ubuntu is a stand-alone Linux operating system. You can run (boot) Ubuntu off the stick, so you do not need to install it on your hard drive.

If your problem disappears while in Ubuntu then you will know that it is a software problem.
    If the problem still happens in Ubuntu then it is defective hardware.
    Know which it is will determine what your next steps will be.

Thema:

Mouse and touchpad not working

1. Mouse and touchpad not working - Similar Threads - Mouse touchpad working

2. touchpad mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad mouse not working: Touchpad mouse is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-mouse-not-working/fcd472d5-5d18-4aef-ac08-dd1601664b6c
  3. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  4. Mouse/touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/touchpad not working: Hi,I bought a new Lenovo Legion with win 11. It is fully updated. I have also bt Razer mouse. Mouse clicks backwards button in random moments. Additionally mouse click does not work in most moment. I can only move the mouse. I thought that is a mouse issue but once unplugging...
  5. mouse touchpad not working

mouse touchpad not working: [IMG]hello, when i turned on my laptop today i couldnt find my mouse cursor so i opened the device manager and under mice and other pointing devices category i couldnt find the touchpad instead i found the mouse that i connected to temporarily use until i fix the touchpad.....
  6. Touchpad/Mouse not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad/Mouse not working: I have an ASUS Vivobook S15, just over a year old. Just a week ago, my touchpad and wireless mouse started not registering my left or right clicks sporadically - I’d be working on my laptop and both touchpad and mouse would suddenly stop responding to my left or right clicks,...
  7. Mouse/Touchpad Not Working

Mouse/Touchpad Not Working: I recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 2-in-1 laptop. My mouse/touchpad stopped working. I tried restarting windows, but I don't think that did anything productive. Please help....
  8. mouse and touchpad not working

mouse and touchpad not working: after last windows update my synaptics touchpad is not working and no mouse showing on screen. tried reinstalling the driver but to no avail. using hp with windows 10 v1808, any help would be apreciated greatly...
  9. touchpad and mouse not working

touchpad and mouse not working: just bought the windows tablet 2 in 1 and mouse,touchpad isn't working did all the updates still wont work, looked up solution and reset the tablet and still not working anyone have a solution for this issue...
  10. mouse touchpad not working

mouse touchpad not working: Hi i have upgrad my dell laptop from windows 7 to 10 with 32bit. my laptop specification is 2gm ram and 1.8ghz. what i should do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-touchpad-not-working/60787253-a1ee-4966-b9cb-754b7afe8922