Windows 10: mouse and touchpad

Discus and support mouse and touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; win 10 dell 15-3567 A few days ago, I noticed when on line and trying to scrolldown by placing my cursor over the scroll bar on right side of page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HarveyKornblau, Apr 9, 2021.

1. mouse and touchpad

win 10

dell 15-3567

A few days ago, I noticed when on line and trying to scrolldown by placing my cursor over the scroll bar on right side of page it either willnot move the the bar, or it will move it in the reverse direction I want it tomove.

I am using a dell touch pad mouse.

I have gone into device manager and updated the mouse driverand there were no updates. This is the best driver

I went into pc setting and tried to run a troubleshootingtouchpad and that did not fix it as well.

I also uninstalled and rebooted laptop and that did nothing.

One suggestion in the MS help pc setting was to go intocontrol panel, mice, properties and try to roll back driver but the tab isgrayed out and it is not an option.

I also find that when I try to highlight a word or sentenceby placing my cursor to the right or left and swiping with my finger tohighlight it it acts as there is nothing happening. If I tap click the mouse several timessometimes it will snap back and work.

Did I miss anything?

What ever help you can offer would be greatly appreciated

:)

HarveyKornblau, Apr 9, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 9, 2021
  4. mouse and touchpad

mouse pointer and touchpad issue

Hello ,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Mouse and touch pad on your Windows 10 installed system. We will certainly help you.

You could face this issue due to corrupt our outdated Mouse and touchpad Drivers. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Press Windows key + W and type
    troubleshooting.

b) Select Troubleshooting.

c) Select View all on the top left corner.

d) Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Move to next method if you still face this issue.

Method 2: Update drivers from Device manager.

Follow the steps to update drivers:

1. Right click in the Start button
    and select Device Manager.

2. Expand the Mice and other pointing device.

3. Right click on the Mouse Device and select
    update drivers

Same way update the Touchpad drivers.

For reference:

touchpad not working

Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Mouse and Touchpad driver from manufacturer’s website.

Follow these steps to Uninstall Keyboard driver.

a) Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b) Search for Mouse driver and expand it.

c) Right click on the Mouse
    driver and select
    Uninstall.

I suggest you to download the latest
    Mouse and Touchpad drivers
    from the manufacturers website.

You can also follow the below link for reference:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Please reply with the required information and the results. I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

mouse and touchpad

1. mouse and touchpad - Similar Threads - mouse touchpad

2. Mouse won't disconnect from touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse won't disconnect from touchpad: For some reason, my mouse is just latched onto my touchpad and won't separate even when I press the button to disconnect in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wont-disconnect-from-touchpad/b272f043-4461-42dc-8550-ff5b807ffd4a
  3. Mouse won't disconnect from touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse won't disconnect from touchpad: For some reason, my mouse is just latched onto my touchpad and won't separate even when I press the button to disconnect in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-wont-disconnect-from-touchpad/b272f043-4461-42dc-8550-ff5b807ffd4a
  4. My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad: My mouse randomly disappeared in a TEST. I had no choice but to complete the rest of the test with the touchscreen. It was really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappears-when-i-dont-disable-the/d5cc7459-8d3a-43c9-a7b0-3e0e33654bd4
  5. My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad

My mouse disappears when i don't disable the touchpad: My mouse randomly disappeared in a TEST. I had no choice but to complete the rest of the test with the touchscreen. It was really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappears-when-i-dont-disable-the/d5cc7459-8d3a-43c9-a7b0-3e0e33654bd4
  6. How do I stop my screen from flickering when I touch my touchpad/mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my screen from flickering when I touch my touchpad/mouse?: Every time I start my laptop up and start using my mouse, it always starts flickering. It goes black and won’t stop me unless I touch my screen. it’s touchscreen To fix this problem, I have to restart my computer every time I turn it on and it’s really annoying. Is there any...
  7. How do I stop my screen from flickering when I touch my touchpad/mouse?

How do I stop my screen from flickering when I touch my touchpad/mouse?: Every time I start my laptop up and start using my mouse, it always starts flickering. It goes black and won’t stop me unless I touch my screen. it’s touchscreen To fix this problem, I have to restart my computer every time I turn it on and it’s really annoying. Is there any...
  8. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  9. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  10. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware