Windows 10: Mouse and transitions lag/stutter when click start menu or open edge

Discus and support Mouse and transitions lag/stutter when click start menu or open edge in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I figured out that it's a graphic driver problem: when I start PC on safe mode or if I uninstall all graphic drivers the lag/stutter problem doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Iervolino, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Iervolino Win User

Mouse and transitions lag/stutter when click start menu or open edge

I figured out that it's a graphic driver problem: when I start PC on safe mode or if I uninstall all graphic drivers the lag/stutter problem doesn't happen but if I install AMD Drivers again the lag problem starts.

Can someone help please?

:)

Iervolino, Jul 24, 2015
  2. gcisanewb Win User

Cursor lags and ghosts when shifted out of start menu onto deskstop region, WIN 10

Problem is as mentioned above, when i have the start menu on on deskstop, and move the cursor- with either the trackpad or mouse results in the same outcome- out of the border of the start menu and onto my desktop area, it lags terribly and moves sluggishly.
    It even moves on its own after my hands are off the trackpad without a mouse connected. It returns to normal once it enters the start menu's borders and is also fine when there is another windows open( chrome, file explorer etc) it transitions smoothly then.

TLDR;

cursor lags and ghosts when i have start menu on and move it into desktop, anything else is fine.

dxdiag

------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com

Please help! ThanksMouse and transitions lag/stutter when click start menu or open edge :)

gcisanewb, Jul 24, 2015
  3. TwanMerks Win User
    Mouse lag after upgrading to Windows 10

same here, mouse lag/stutter with ANY wireless mouse on Windows 10

TwanMerks, Jul 24, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

I stopped using it after I installed Chrome on my test machine. Check to see if there are updates for your mouse driver. Also some people have stated to turn off Hardware acceleration. If you are running 10 inside a Virtual Machine, yes there can be lag issues.

bro67, Jul 24, 2015
  5. Iervolino Win User
    Hey, I have updated the main topic with something i figured out, can you read it again please?

Btw, how did I disable hardware acceleration?

Iervolino, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse and transitions lag/stutter when click start menu or open edge - Similar Threads - Mouse transitions lag

2. random mouse stuttering and lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random mouse stuttering and lagging: Hey, Ive got some random mouse lags, where every few seconds the mouse pauses then tries to catch up. ive tested quite a few things and im starting to go crazy:tried a new mouse, same issuetried mouse on another comp, works fineupdated drivers for everythingbooted in safe...
  3. Mouse having input lag/stuttering

Mouse having input lag/stuttering: I placed a power button LED on the front panel and connected it to my motherboard. Now when I booted up, the USB mouse started having input lag. I tried another mouse on another port, but no luck. Help.My motherboard: Intel DG31PRWindows 10 64 bit...
  4. Sound stutter and mouse lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound stutter and mouse lag: I've had the same build with windows 10 for months, no issues until a few weeks ago where my audio started stuttering. This is the most obvious symptom, but when it happens, any video I might be playing also lags, and the mouse movement lags as well. It happens a few times an...
  5. Mouse lag and stutter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse lag and stutter: i recently built my first pc, ryzen 5 2600 , 16gb ddr4 ram , and an rx 580 , but sometimes when i boot it’s just damn near unusable , the mouse will lag around the screen for a few seconds and when it does that it freezes everything else , when i’m typing something while it’s...
  6. Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update

Start menu stutters when first opened after 2004 update: I've tried searching for similar issues but could not find anyone with this issue. Whenever I first open my start menu and scroll down my app list, it has a very noticeable stutter for a few seconds. Afterwards it is back to smooth scrolling until I close it and open it up...
  7. Open Windows 10 start menu on mouse click not on release?

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Windows 10 start menu on mouse click not on release?: is it possible to tweak Windows 10 to open the start menu on mouse click not on release? Like Windows 7 148163
  8. Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu: The following will no longer open from right-clicking on the Start Menu button: Task Manager Event Viewer Device manager Disk Manager Computer Manager Command Prompt Command Prompt Admin File Explorer All others will open. Also some desktop icon will only open by...
  9. Mouse stuttering/Lag?

Mouse stuttering/Lag?: So i have been having this issue for a while and have gotten pretty annoyed at what's happening. Whenever i play a game, regardless of what it is even league of legends my mouse is skipping across the screen when i move it. Sometimes the mouse is fine and even when i leave...
  10. Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked

Mouse scroll button opens Windows Start menu when clicked: I understand that this is some sort of a hotkey which opens up the start menu but I would like to disable it. I've tried to go into control panel, mouse settings, wheel, etc, and after poking around everywhere in the settings I wasn't able to find the settings that...