Windows 10: Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by

Discus and support Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know how do disable option that automatically highlights and selects stuff ? I looked it up and many people said disabling stickykeys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EnVyJabami, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by

Does anyone know how do disable option that automatically highlights and selects stuff ? I looked it up and many people said disabling stickykeys should help, disabled it and still doesn't work.

Edit : I have a desktop

submitted by /u/EnVyJabami
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EnVyJabami, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Hi DorothyKaltz,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I recommend you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method: Highlighting and copy with mouse.

1. Click on the Windows logo
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Open the mouse & touchpad setting
    4. Turn off Scroll inactive windows
    5. Click on Advanced Mouse Options
    6. Adjust double click speed – (turning this setting down will help)

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Can't Highlight words or links.

Hello Mokhy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Please reply:

• Are you not able to highlight the text or link by dragging the left click of the mouse?

• Do you get options when you left click on the link or sentence?

I suggest you to drag over the sentence or link by holding the left button of the mouse and check if the issue is resolved. Right click on the mouse to show a list of options to do with the highlighted sentence or link.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 11, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by

1. Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by - Similar Threads - Mouse automatically highlights

2. Everything in the screen gets dimmed except the highlighted/selected window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything in the screen gets dimmed except the highlighted/selected window: I cant add pics as attached on this thread. idk why.My main problem is that when I select a window, the rest of the screen is dark/dimmed. I want the entire screen to be lit all the time regardless of which window is selected/highlighted. I do multitasking so it becomes very...
  3. Everything in the screen gets dimmed except the highlighted/selected window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything in the screen gets dimmed except the highlighted/selected window: I cant add pics as attached on this thread. idk why.My main problem is that when I select a window, the rest of the screen is dark/dimmed. I want the entire screen to be lit all the time regardless of which window is selected/highlighted. I do multitasking so it becomes very...
  4. When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything: So today i turn on my pc and my mouse starts highlighting everything doesn't matter if it's background, browser or a game - when i scroll it just like presses left button and it doesn't go away until i click.ClickLock is turned off. Both windows and drivers are updated.Thank...
  5. Mouse is highlighting everything when I click

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse is highlighting everything when I click: [ATTACH]Some users are complaining that their mouse cursor highlights everything when they click. According to them, this issue is not associated with a particular application. When they work in Microsoft Word or in another similar application, their mouse cursor keeps...
  6. My Mouse is Highlighting Everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Mouse is Highlighting Everything: Hello,I have Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X270. My mouse is highlighting everything; I even had to rewrite this question three times because my words were being automatically highlighted and everything became a mishmash. Part of the time, there's a little "plus symbol" next to my...
  7. Mouse highlighting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse highlighting: I'm on a windows 10 and I did a mistype and activated some weird command that highlights every damn thing I click please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-highlighting/2b551e32-bb65-4b6e-8fab-e3069f3c365a
  8. Automatic highlighting

Automatic highlighting: I can be typing an email, Word document, etc. - and all of a sudden an entire paragraph gets highlighted and before I notice, my next key to be typed (I am a very fast typist) acts as a delete button for what was highlighted. Poof! It is all gone! Numerous, numerous times...
  9. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...
  10. Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse: Can any Microsoft technicians or any Microsoft Community members create an app that will turn off the Mouse Hover / Auto-Select / auto-highlight function in Windows 10, please. The Microsoft technicians should create a trouble-shooting tool to do it. It is clearly evident via...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop mouse opens and highlights automatically