Windows 10: Mouse back button receive inputs twice

Discus and support Mouse back button receive inputs twice in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm very tired. I've a g203 Logitech mouse, i tried another mouse but the problem still persist. When i press back button, a lot of time (not always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Luca158, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Mouse back button receive inputs twice

I'm very tired.

I've a g203 Logitech mouse, i tried another mouse but the problem still persist. When i press back button, a lot of time (not always but around 60% of the time) it intercept two clicks. It happen either in windows (example explorer) and in internet browsers.

I tried everything: removing duplicate entries in device manager, installing logitech gaming software, removing and force redetection of the mouse, change mouse etc...

Possible cause: could it be caused by usb switcher? Some time ago i bought an usb switcher (this) to share same devices between two different PC (a laptop and a PC). The problem actually occurs on both! Before the switcher i never had the problem. I don't know if it correlates, and i don t remember if the the problem occured soon after connected the switcher or after some months. For sure i noticed the problem after purchased it. Anyway, actually i m not using it. i've connected the mouse direcly to laptop and the problem still happens...

submitted by /u/Luca158
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Luca158, Dec 21, 2020

2. Click Twice to open links, hit buttons, close tabs

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing single click option after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if this issue confined only with the accessing website on browsers (Which browser)?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

This problem may occur for the following reasons:

• You are inadvertently double-clicking instead of single-clicking.
    • The mouse settings have been modified, either manually or by another program, to send a multiple-click command when you perform a single physical click.
    • The mouse drivers are corrupted.
    • The mouse hardware is defective.

Step 1: I suggest you to restore the mouse buttons to default and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Click Start, point to Settings, and then click
      Control Panel.
    • Double-click Mouse.
    • On the Buttons tab, click Restore Defaults. If the problem impacts only a specific program, click the
      Settings button, choose that program, and then click Restore Defaults.

Note: If Restore Defaults is not available, all your button assignments are already set to default mode.
    • Click OK.

If you are using external mouse, try the below.

Step 2: Test the mouse on another computer or test a different mouse on the computer To determine whether the mouse or the computer is defective, follow these steps:

• Test the mouse in question on a system that you know is working. If the problem appears to follow the mouse, you may have to return or replace the mouse.
    • Test a mouse that you know is working on the computer in question. If the problem appears to remain on the computer, then the problem is most likely software-related.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Mouse aditional buttons recognized as keybord keys

I have tried the app suggested by the video, changed the the defenition of mouse button 4 and mouse button 5 to previous Windows and next Windows, respectively, but didn't work, probably because the computer is receiving a keyboard input.

In the meantime I have tried a few things. I went to http://www.keyboardtester.com/ to see what is the input when I press the buttons. The results where these:

Forward button: SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+Left Windows

Back button: SHIFT+CTRL+ALT

DPI changer button: SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+Right Windows

In the Devices and Printers section of Control Panel the mouse name is 2.4G INPUT DEVICE and if I go to properties, this is written on Categories line: Keyboard; Mouse

Pedro Batista PB, Dec 21, 2020
  4. ()Fallan Win User

Mouse back button receive inputs twice

Mouse clicks twice

This is an intermittent problem with my mouse. I click once, but the mouse clicks twice.

I have:

• set the Double-click speed to the lowest and still have the same problem;
    • checked to see if the driver is up to date and it is; and
    • changed the mouse three times and still have the same issue.

Fallan

()Fallan, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Mouse back button receive inputs twice

1. Mouse back button receive inputs twice - Similar Threads - Mouse button receive

2. My PC goes to sleep after I clicked the middle mouse button twice and goes back on after I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC goes to sleep after I clicked the middle mouse button twice and goes back on after I...: I clicked the middle mouse button twice scroll wheel and it turned off the PC, or supposedly put it to sleep as it turns back on again and picks up where I left off without leading me to the lock screen. I've checked my mouse settings and there wasn't anything there related...
  3. My PC goes to sleep after I clicked the middle mouse button twice and goes back on after I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC goes to sleep after I clicked the middle mouse button twice and goes back on after I...: I clicked the middle mouse button twice scroll wheel and it turned off the PC, or supposedly put it to sleep as it turns back on again and picks up where I left off without leading me to the lock screen. I've checked my mouse settings and there wasn't anything there related...
  4. Can’t click left mouse button and back button thumb button at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t click left mouse button and back button thumb button at the same time: Hi I have a problem that I cannot press the left mouse button and the back button at the same time, the left mouse button and the forward button can be pressed at the same time, but the other two cannot. I have already bought three different mice and all three have the...
  5. Mic detected but not receiving input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic detected but not receiving input: edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 version 20H2 installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021 SO compilation 19042.631 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 I have an Acer aspire of around 3 years, in 04/03/2021 I clean reinstalled windows on it because I bought a Kingston 480...
  6. Randomly Not Receiving Keyboard Input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Randomly Not Receiving Keyboard Input: I'm playing a game on my PC when suddenly my keyboard inputs don't register and any key I click results in this sound. It's not until I click my mouse that it functions again. This happens around every hour or so (just occured while I was typing that sentence, seems to happen...
  7. Mouse Clicks twice with on button press, but it is not counted as a double click

Mouse Clicks twice with on button press, but it is not counted as a double click: 75% approximately of the time, when I click the left mouse button once it is counted as two separate clicks, but not as a double click. Ex. when I try to pause a song or video, it pauses and unpauses again. This does not happen when I right click. I have tried plugging the...
  8. Mouse clicks twice

Mouse clicks twice: This is an intermittent problem with my mouse. I click once, but the mouse clicks twice. I have: set the Double-click speed to the lowest and still have the same problem; checked to see if the driver is up to date and it is; and changed the mouse three times and still...
  9. mouse click twice

mouse click twice: why do i have to click everything twice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-click-twice/4eb8d09c-60d9-45f0-bcdb-aaa51309aec7
  10. mouse buttons

mouse buttons: hi all, i have bought a new Chinese mouse, a nice mouse with good properties but with no special driver. the mouse has 9 buttons (home and dpi included), the 6st and 7st buttons are internet and multimedia by default, and i want to change them. all the software i found is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse back button goes back twice