Windows 10: Mouse becomes intermittently unresponsive since last Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Mouse becomes intermittently unresponsive since last Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; FIX THIS MICROSOFT. This was never a problem until your last update. Today's date is 19/11/2018. I have noticed that my mouse sometimes almost every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by smileskybird, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Mouse becomes intermittently unresponsive since last Windows 10 Update

FIX THIS MICROSOFT. This was never a problem until your last update. Today's date is 19/11/2018.

I have noticed that my mouse sometimes almost every minute or two, becomes intermittently unresponsive. It's a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse series keyboard. I use it for my high-end, and up to date, desktop PC, which has a high-end Intel Core i7-6700k processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA GTX 1070SC, and 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD.

Microsoft updates are annoying. Microsoft SPAMS us with updates, claiming spamming us with updates is a "service" and "normal". They dish us with huge update files every month which may intend to improve and fix bugs, but fact is, they only introduce new problems.

I shouldn't have to go into super advanced settings which only a computer technician will know how to confidently do, just to fix a system update's mess and introduce this problem which never happened before the last Windows 10 Update.

Thank e.

:)

smileskybird, Nov 19, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Nov 19, 2018
  3. How do I troubleshoot a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3600 for intermittently unresponsive?

How do I troubleshoot a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3600 for intermittently unresponsive?

JamesParsons_RC, Nov 19, 2018
  4. dwhite75 Win User

Mouse becomes intermittently unresponsive since last Windows 10 Update

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop intermittently unresponsive

I am on my 3rd Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop on 2 different computers (ASrock MB custom built).
    All three have become intermittently unresponsive as follows:

• Typing along and it skips strokes leaving missing characters.
    • Hitting the same key several times in a row with no response for several seconds and then typing the same character repeatedly.
    • No response even after several seconds or even a minute. Only fix is to unplug and reinsert the USB receiver. Then it is good to go for a while.

The steps I have taken to resolve are as follows:

• Using Window 10 64 bit with all updates applied.
    • Installed the latest version of the keyboard software from the Microsoft site
    • Located the receiver less than 24" away from the keyboard using a USB extension cable

I love this keyboard and mouse so this problem is very troubling. Has anyone had this problem and resolved it successfully.

Dave

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

dwhite75, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Mouse becomes intermittently unresponsive since last Windows 10 Update

1. Mouse becomes intermittently unresponsive since last Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Mouse becomes intermittently

2. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  3. Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittently unresponsive keyboard and mouse: This issue started only after updating to Windows 11 and has now affected the functionality of three different MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard/mouse combinations.The latest issue is with a replacement/replacement Microsoft Sculpt Ergo Desktop keyboard and USB receiver Device...
  4. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 becomes unresponsive intermittently: So this just started happening today. I had one firefox with 4~5 Tabs open and I opened Thunderbird. If I would click one program after the other, Windows would just freeze for a couple of seconds. The problem is not specific to Firefox or Thunderbird. It seems to happen...
  5. Keyboard unresponsive since last Windows 10 update....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard unresponsive since last Windows 10 update....: Its maddening... I believe that since the last win10 update of the 22Aug20, my Dell latitude has developed a bug that for some reason is disabling the built in keyboard. I removed and reinstalled the update and no help. I updated drivers through Dell, no help... with a usb...
  6. Intermittently unresponsive/randomly clicking mouse

Intermittently unresponsive/randomly clicking mouse: My problem is essentially exactly the same as in this post, down to the mouse working in specific areas but not others: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-gui-bug-mouse-unresponsive/95bcf668-6e52-436c-ab0c-b3608a045450 I have attempted every...
  7. Windows 10 Update - Mouse Intermittent

Windows 10 Update - Mouse Intermittent: Hi Microsoft, I have an Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 Motherboard. Ever since you updated Windows 10 a few months back my Bluetooth Microsft Mouse stops working. I have to disconnect and reconnect the Bluetooth Dongle for the mouse before it works again. Happens around 10 times a...
  8. Bootcamp WiFi Intermittent since last update to Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bootcamp WiFi Intermittent since last update to Win10: Hello. I am not sure why the WiFi is now intermittent after the last Windows 10 update. I have reverted the driver for it, reinstalled it, turned off power management on it and it is still not working. Thanks for any ideas. Farzad [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Problems With Mouse Since Last Update

Problems With Mouse Since Last Update: Since the update last Tueday I'm been having problems with my mouse. I thought it was my mouse, and I went out today and bought another mouse, but I'm still have problems controlling my cursor. Sometimes I need to keep clicking on the Delete icon to delete an e-mail or I need...
  10. Windows 10 becomes unresponsive to the mouse but cmd keys work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 becomes unresponsive to the mouse but cmd keys work: I have not installed any new software or anything, just logged on today and this issue has began my nightmare. When i surf the web on Google Chrome everything becomes unresponsive with my mouse ex: not being able to make a new tab or open up the start menu or files explorer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse intermittently unresponsive

2. mouse becomes unresponsive windows 10

3. mouse becomes unresponsive

4. mouse unresponsive windows 10,
  5. windows 10 mouse unresponsive,
  6. wireless mouse and key board become unresponsive in win 10,
  7. windows 10 mouse becomes unresponsive,
  8. intermediate unresponsive mouse windows 10,
  9. windows 10 unresponsive mouse,
  10. wireless mouse becomes unresponsive,
  11. mouse will scroll intermittently with windows 10,