Windows 10: Mouse Beeping And Locking Up When Using Quick Movements In Any Game

Discus and support Mouse Beeping And Locking Up When Using Quick Movements In Any Game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I checked the performance stats in task manager, and everything is barely utilized. CPU around 30%, GPU around 60%, and memory usage is around 25%. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wes_G, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Wes_G Win User

Mouse Beeping And Locking Up When Using Quick Movements In Any Game

I checked the performance stats in task manager, and everything is barely utilized. CPU around 30%, GPU around 60%, and memory usage is around 25%. I don't think my problem here is a performance issue. I ruled out other factors that could be the problem in the video.https://youtu.be/dPcp-FMud2M

:)

Wes_G, Jul 19, 2021

2. Mouse Cursor not locking in Games

Hello Jabron,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

Sometimes with a multiple monitor setup when you move your mouse from left to right inside the game the mouse can leave the game and move to a different monitor. If while your mouse is on the other screen you click (thinking you are still in the game) it
    can alt + tab you out of the game and in some cases crash it.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to define a Keyboard Shortcut to Lock or Unlock Mouse Movements to the Monitor with Mouse Cursor. Once Mouse is Locked to one Monitor, you will not be able to move the Mouse Cursor to any other Monitor unless
    you Unlock Mouse by pressing the Keyboard Shortcut again

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the mouse without any issues?
    3. Does the issue with the mouse occur when it is used on a different system?

I would suggest you to update the driver for your mouse under ‘Mice and other pointing devices’. You can follow the steps in this article on ‘Update
    drivers in Windows 10
    ’ and uninstall the mouse driver.

Please visit this link to download and install the driver for your ‘Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse’.
    Kindly restart the system and check if this worked out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jul 19, 2021
  4. hyperum Win User

Disable Precision touchpad blocking quick movements during keypress

When a key is pressed on a Precision touchpad on my Dell XPS 13, it blocks quick touchpad movements - and slower touchpad movements are blocked during the first fraction of a second. This makes playing any game requiring mouse movement like an FPS nearly unplayable. How can I remove this 'feature'?

hyperum, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Mouse Beeping And Locking Up When Using Quick Movements In Any Game - Similar Threads - Mouse Beeping Locking

2. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  3. PC will not wake up with mouse movement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not wake up with mouse movement?: When PC goes to sleep mode, mouse movement will not wake up the PC. It was working previously. Restore did not fix it. Also, the stereo output is not providing sound to the bass system in other words, windows 11 did not find my stereo system even when on....
  4. Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse movement not smooth in games, controller is silky as.: Hello everyone,Apologies if this has been answered before/in the wrong section, but I have been searching on and off for months for a fix for my issue, but have not been able to solve it. Basically as the subject states, I'm having jerky movement with my mouse in games, so...
  5. FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FPS drop on mouse movement in Games.: This is happening to be the 2nd time. Everything works fine on my laptop, but when I play a game, even that works flawlessly if I don't touch the mouse. As soon as I use the mouse for movement, panning and stuff, The FPS drops and game starts to stutter. This happens only...
  6. GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU usage drops with mouse movement in games: I've been having this issue since the installation of Windows 10 64 bits. Whenever I move my mouse in-game the GPU usage drops leading to a very annoying and severe FPS drop. I've been researching this for weeks, tried every fix imaginable and I can't fix it. I cannot play my...
  7. System do not wake up by mouse movements

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System do not wake up by mouse movements: Window-10 1903 Under power options my settings are Screen When plugged in ,turn off after 10 minutes. Sleep when plugged in, PC goes to sleep after 30 minutes. The system used to wake up with a simple mouse movement. But, now it does not ???? device manager: Under...
  8. Mouse Movement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Movement: I am having unwanted mouse movement, specifically when trying to manage files. I'll select a file in a folder and then find the mouse has returned me to the top of the folder and the selected file (still selected) is off the screen.....
  9. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate waking up on mouse movement: i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but for some reason when...
  10. Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Mouse - Quick Movements Cause Incorrect Movements: While using the MS Ergo Sculpt Mouse, when moving the mouse quickly across my mouse pad in an arching motion,the mouse seems to move sporadically and in all directions except the one it should be going in. Moving the mouse in a straight direction up and down, left and right,...