Windows 10: Mouse behaves erratically after update

Discus and support Mouse behaves erratically after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the last update my mouse behaves erratically. It also generates error sound when I am playing 3D games. I did a clean reinstall of video card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaredEaster, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Mouse behaves erratically after update

After the last update my mouse behaves erratically. It also generates error sound when I am playing 3D games. I did a clean reinstall of video card driver, plugged the mouse in another USB port and reinstalled mouse drivers. I use Basic Logitech USB mouse and Nvidia Geforce 1070 video card driver

:)

JaredEaster, Apr 28, 2019

2. Razer Taipan mouse pointer moving erratically after Windows 10 update

I'm using the Razer Taipan mouse. The mouse pointer has been moving erratically since the last Windows 10 update a few days.

Yesterday I called Razer support. They had me uninstall the software and also delete the mouse from the list of hardware in the control panel. Then I restarted my computer and reinstalled the software. That worked for all of yesterday. This morning the mouse
    pointer is moving erratically again.

I've followed the procedure from yesterday of uninstalling the software, removing the mouse from the list of hardware in the control panel, restarting the computer and reinstalling the software. This time it has not solved the problem.

Any suggestions?

LloydLeighton, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Mouse behaves erratically after update

mouse erratic

mouse not erratic in safe mode

Raul R Suarez, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Mouse behaves erratically after update

1. Mouse behaves erratically after update - Similar Threads - Mouse behaves erratically

2. Mouse suddenly behaving erratically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse suddenly behaving erratically: So, from about two months back, my mouse began behaving erratically, and i'm thinking it might be a Windows problem, going from what i've seen in other threads here.For reference:-The mouse will double-click and sometimes even triple-click frequently, and selecting text...
  3. Mouse/Windows Explorer Behaving Erratically

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse/Windows Explorer Behaving Erratically: I am about to go crazy with mouse issues. The problems are single clicks randomly trigger double clicks which sometimes causes windows explorer to momentarily freeze for a few seconds until it rights itself. Also occasionally a mouse click and the release will drag content as...
  4. Erratic mouse after Dec 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Erratic mouse after Dec 10 update: My mouse cursor has been a bit shaky lately. It's gotten worse and sometimes I can hardly move it. This morning, while I was tutoring a child, of all times, it went haywire! It started writing squiggly lines on the slides I was trying to teach her from and then opened dozens...
  5. touchpad randomly behaves erratic or not at all.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    touchpad randomly behaves erratic or not at all.: sometimes, particularly when I wake up my computer from sleep, the touchpad will not work. the cursor won't even be on the screen. for the longest time I thought maybe my laptop was freezing up, but then I figured out I could still use the keyboard. I then experimented and...
  6. Erratic Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erratic Mouse: My mouse is very erratic. How can I get control of it? Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-mouse/c4363f64-4279-4012-bb61-7ef87ea54845
  7. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  8. After Windows update, mouse behaves differently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows update, mouse behaves differently: After the last Windows update to 1809, my mouse moves sometimes too fast or sometimes too slow. And it doesn’t depend on the Mouse Accelaration on or off. I use Lenovo laptop with the default Microsoft Mouse Driver. My mouse is Rapoo N1162 . I don’t face this issue in...
  9. mouse erratic

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse erratic: mouse not erratic in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-erratic/69d972f6-64b9-4e99-9744-2f9f1b141a58
  10. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: I installed Windows 10 on day one or two of the upgrade and have been using it since on my Toshiba 64 bit laptop. It was an upgrade from 8.1. A note that this laptop is a touch screen that I cracked, disabling the touch function a year or so ago. No problems on Windows 8....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse wheel scrolling erratically

2. acer mouse scrolls erratically

3. mouse moving eratically

4. windows 10 mouse behaving erratically,
  5. mouse is moving,
  6. screen pointer acting erratic after update,
  7. mouse is moving erratically,
  8. my mouse is moving erratically,
  9. why is my mouse scrolling automatically,
  10. wireless mouse moves pages erratically,
  11. mouse eratic on windows 10,