Windows 10: Mouse behavior

Discus and support Mouse behavior in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anyone having problem with mouse behaving weird after recent updates? Miine will no longer respond to the functions of drop and drag, select and copy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by S.Muzii, Apr 6, 2019.

1. S.Muzii Win User

Mouse behavior

Anyone having problem with mouse behaving weird after recent updates? Miine will no longer respond to the functions of drop and drag, select and copy or move, etc. Sometimes I have to hold down the control key while dragging over to highlight areas. Is there another set of rules for handling the mouse lately?

:)

S.Muzii, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Mouse without borders mouse behavior issue

Hi David,

Erratic mouse behaviors may be a caused by a corrupted software or a defective device. Hence, we would like to know more:

• Have you done any changes on your computer?
    • Are we working on a wired or a wireless device?
    • If it is a wired device, have you tried a different USB port?
    • Have you used a different mouse and check if the issue persist?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, kindly check Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows. At the bottom page is a topic
    about Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers. Please find the steps on how to update a device driver using Windows Update.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Rey Cam, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Erratic Mouse behavior

Hi Diana,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the model number of your HP laptop?
    2. Which update did you install prior to this issue?
    3. Are you using an external mouse or the inbuilt Touchpad of the laptop?

I suggest you to follow the sections First, try checking your hardware and then
    Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers from
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    and see if you are facing the same issue.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Method 1: Reduce the Touchpad Sensitivity.

I would suggest you to follow the section Adjusting TouchPad or ClickPad pointing sensitivities from

TouchPad or ClickPad
    and reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad and check for the issue.

You can follow the section Opening the Touchpad Settings from the above link to open the Touchpad Settings.

Method 2: Reinstall the Touchpad Drivers.

Step 1: Press the Windows key and the
    R
    key from your keyboard and type Devmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter

Step 2: Double-click Mice and other pointing devices on the list to expand it.

Step 3: Right-click on Synaptics Pointing Device and choose
    Uninstall from the list of options and click on OK.

Step 4: Once the drivers have been successfully uninstalled,
    restart the computer once
    for the drivers to install automatically and check for the issue.

Method 3: Clean Boot.

If the above methods didn't work, then I would suggest you to perform a
    Clean Boot
    and check what exactly is causing the issue.

NOTE: A 'Clean Boot' starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality
    while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

If the Clean Boot works, then don't forget to place the computer to normal boot by going to 'Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting' section in the Clean Boot link.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse behavior

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Mouse behavior

1. Mouse behavior - Similar Threads - Mouse behavior

2. Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online: So. Randomly a day and a half ago. My mouse has gone into a strange state, Its a strange dotted cross shape with a bigger dot in the center. When i'm not moving my mouse it is locked to one specific area near the bottom left of my screen, but i can also move my mouse...
  3. Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online: So. Randomly a day and a half ago. My mouse has gone into a strange state, Its a strange dotted cross shape with a bigger dot in the center. When i'm not moving my mouse it is locked to one specific area near the bottom left of my screen, but i can also move my mouse...
  4. Strange mouse behavior that i cannot find any reference or fix to online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue: I have been using windows 10 on my desktop-PC since 2017 and got no issue, In last month my computer got very slow and sluggishafter that i reinstalled windows and formatted the whole hardisk and created new partition and installed windows in thatafter completing the process,...
  6. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue: I have been using windows 10 on my desktop-PC since 2017 and got no issue, In last month my computer got very slow and sluggishafter that i reinstalled windows and formatted the whole hardisk and created new partition and installed windows in thatafter completing the process,...
  7. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Erratic Mouse behavior with RDP to Hardware desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Mouse behavior with RDP to Hardware desktop: User complains the mouse pointer ventures off the screen like it's sliding off the screen when she remotes into the HP Desktop Hardware from offsite.No Warnings in Device Manager.Troubleshooting on Mouse msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnosticThe troubleshooter stopped and hard stop...
  9. Erratic Mouse behavior with RDP to Hardware desktop

Erratic Mouse behavior with RDP to Hardware desktop: User complains the mouse pointer ventures off the screen like it's sliding off the screen when she remotes into the HP Desktop Hardware from offsite.No Warnings in Device Manager.Troubleshooting on Mouse msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnosticThe troubleshooter stopped and hard stop...
  10. Erratic Mouse behavior with RDP to Hardware desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware