Windows 10: Mouse being really weird.

Discus and support Mouse being really weird. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As of recently, my mouse has been acting really weird. To put it short, whenever I try to scroll up/down, it does the opposite, almost cancelling out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cheesycreature, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Mouse being really weird.

As of recently, my mouse has been acting really weird. To put it short, whenever I try to scroll up/down, it does the opposite, almost cancelling out the main action, making it hard to scroll up or down. And even when I don't scroll and just try to click on a reddit post sometimes, it'll move on it's own.

I don't believe this is a hardware fault as this mouse is kinda new.

submitted by /u/Cheesycreature
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cheesycreature, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Mouse feels really weird !

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to try with the steps mentioned below.

Step 1: Disconnect and reconnect device.

Disconnect the mouse, reboot the computer. Reconnect the mouse and check.

If it does not work, try with a different USB port.

Method 2: Run Windows 10 inbuilt troubleshooter.

Go to settings->Update and Security->Troubleshoot->Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 3: Update Graphics driver.

To update drivers in Windows, follow the steps mentioned in the link below.

Update drivers in Windows.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels weird, incosistant, like it's on ice.

Hi,

We see that you are having issues with the sensitivity of your mouse. Is the Enhance pointer precision in your PC enabled? If not, you can follow the steps below:

• Type Mouse in the Search bar.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad settings.
    • Click on the Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Pointer Options tab.
    • Uncheck the Enhance pointer precision checkbox.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Follow the steps provided below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Wenex Win User

Mouse being really weird.

Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels weird, incosistant, like it's on ice.

The enchance pointer precision is off, I did mention it in the post: "- Mouse Acceleration is OFF"

I did the troubleshooting and it found nothing.

Wenex, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Mouse being really weird.

1. Mouse being really weird. - Similar Threads - Mouse being really

2. My mouse is really acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse is really acting weird: So i've been using my mouse for let's say.. at least 4 years now, i never had any issues with it, it's wired and it worked up until last month, it started acting weird, once i'm gaming or doing anything it starts freezing and then suddenly working again, almost as if it it's...
  3. My mouse is really acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse is really acting weird: So i've been using my mouse for let's say.. at least 4 years now, i never had any issues with it, it's wired and it worked up until last month, it started acting weird, once i'm gaming or doing anything it starts freezing and then suddenly working again, almost as if it it's...
  4. My mouse is really acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse wheel being weird?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse wheel being weird?: Okay, so my mouse wheel all of a sudden changed to where I click it once and it appears with a circle and an up and down arrow with a dot between the arrows in that circle. I used to just be able to scroll up and down with the wheel, but now I cannot. I understand how the...
  6. Mouse wheel being weird?

Mouse wheel being weird?: Okay, so my mouse wheel all of a sudden changed to where I click it once and it appears with a circle and an up and down arrow with a dot between the arrows in that circle. I used to just be able to scroll up and down with the wheel, but now I cannot. I understand how the...
  7. Cosair Mouse being weird

Cosair Mouse being weird: I have a problem. My mouse clicks don't work unless I click and hold for a second. I've updated firmware, switched usb ports. I'm on pc windows 10, Cosair M65 rgb elite. someone help me!...
  8. My Mouse Is Being Weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Mouse Is Being Weird: So today i connected my artist 12 pro trying to draw on fire alpaca and my mouse had a mind of its own, not it wasnt moving on it's own it was clicking and stuff. So i was like well thats weird so then i left and went to hitfilm express and did the same thing, need help...
  9. My Mouse Is Being Weird

in Windows 10 Support
    My Mouse Is Being Weird: So today i connected my artist 12 pro trying to draw on fire alpaca and my mouse had a mind of its own, not it wasnt moving on it's own it was clicking and stuff. So i was like well thats weird so then i left and went to hitfilm express and did the same thing, need help...
  10. Mouse feels really weird !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse feels really weird !: hello , first of all i wanna say sorry for my bad english second i have a problem since 2 days so im a competetive csgo player and i downloaded a game called need for speed after i downloaded that my mouse felt like gliding on ice and not being 1to1 precise so i was like ok...