Windows 10: Mouse Button clicks are glitched in file explorer and Web browser

Discus and support Mouse Button clicks are glitched in file explorer and Web browser in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When ever I left click from mouse on web Browser chrome,edge It goes back to homepage. This issue is very annoying. Pls, how to fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shreejalmaharjan, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Mouse Button clicks are glitched in file explorer and Web browser

When ever I left click from mouse on web Browser chrome,edge It goes back to homepage. This issue is very annoying. Pls, how to fix it?

:)

shreejalmaharjan, Jun 17, 2020

2. A Faster Web Browser for Windows 10?

Hi,

You always have the option to use other browsers, however I strongly suggest that you use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer because of the newer features. To address your issue we are going to enable your Flash Player Plugin. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click the "..." button on the upper right corner of your Edge browser.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Under Advanced settings section, click the View advanced settings button.
    • Locate the Use Adobe Flash Player section and toggle the switch on to enable Adobe Flash Player.
    • Refresh your web page or open a new browser tab.
    Let's see how it behaves.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Internet Explorer 11 will not click on an icon in a webpage

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access submit button on web browsers, please do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined to specific web site on specific web browser?
    • Have you tried on different web browser?
    • Were you able to access different websites in Internet Explorer with no issues?
    • What exactly happens when you click on submit button?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification?

Step 1: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Mouse Button clicks are glitched in file explorer and Web browser

mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Button clicks are glitched in file explorer and Web browser

1. Mouse Button clicks are glitched in file explorer and Web browser - Similar Threads - Mouse Button clicks

2. my mouse right click is "glitching"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my mouse right click is "glitching": About one month ago, my right mouse click started to glitch in some specific tabs, like file explorer and the desktop, but it wouldn't always fail. Since my english is not that good, i recorded a video showing the problem. In file explorer, when I just right click, it just...
  3. Glitches on web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glitches on web browser: Hi,I had this problem for a few days, and it doesn't seem to go away. When there are pictures on the screen, sometimes they're all glitched. It can appear on any website, it's even there when I look at my google photos. I included some screenshots to give you an idea.Hope...
  4. Glitches on web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Glitches on web browser: Hi,I had this problem for a few days, and it doesn't seem to go away. When there are pictures on the screen, sometimes they're all glitched. It can appear on any website, it's even there when I look at my google photos. I included some screenshots to give you an idea.Hope...
  5. Glitches on web browser

6. File Explorer Glitch!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Glitch!: When will the issue be fixed with File Explorer that prevents me from selecting Multiple files to be moved? It is extremely frustrating, and time consuming. I would like to believe that this was not done intentionally, such a move sets this application back more then 10...
  7. Glitches in File Explorer

Glitches in File Explorer: Hi , I am up to date with the updates of windows 10 and I am using it in dark mode ,In file explorer when I tried to expand one of the title in the left pane eg: Local Disk E by clicking on the arrow it expands and shows the sub folders and when I clicked again to contract,...
  8. Weird graphical glitches in web browser

Weird graphical glitches in web browser: Every once and a while i get these strange graphical glitches in my web browser. It happens on my pretty much new laptop in both firefox and chrome, and it also used to happen sometimes on my desktop too. I attached pictures of what they look like, It tends to happen on just...
  9. File Explorer Glitching

File Explorer Glitching: This has been going on for quite a while, but I'm finally frustrated enough to look for a solution. I'm trying to go through and delete files that I no longer need. Every time I scroll through the files on File Explorer, it keeps snapping back to an earlier file, making it...
  10. Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer: With multiple mice different models, I suddenly cannot use mouse buttons 4&5 in Windows 10, build 1909. These buttons work in Win explorer, but in Chrome and Edge, they do nothing. I have gone to a website which allows you to test your mouse buttons -- these buttons...