Windows 10: mouse button opens a new search pop-up?

Discus and support mouse button opens a new search pop-up? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, After the latest windows update, a button on my mouse is opening a new pop-up that I don't know how to disable. My mouse has 7 buttons, rmb,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Willhelm_55, Feb 7, 2021.

1. mouse button opens a new search pop-up?

Greetings, After the latest windows update, a button on my mouse is opening a new pop-up that I don't know how to disable. My mouse has 7 buttons, rmb, mmb+wheel, lmb, forward&back buttons, task switch button+wheel, and search button. To this point I reconfigure my search button to use a keystroke that I have an AHK command set to open a web page. NOW, the button is not configurable ive unloaded the AHK macro and it does this: It appears to be a search function of sorts that also allows for navigation of "apps, documents, web, and moredrop down menu". The initial pop-up shows "top apps, quick searcheswhich includes weather, and top news", and at the bottom a search bar to type in. This is a DIFFERENT pop-up from when I open Cortana. Also when in a web browser ive tried edge, chrome, and firefox the button now enables the url bar to activate and be typed in without having to click on it. I'd very much like to know how to reassign this function, as I'd use it, but after years using this button on my mouse to open a web browser, it is quite annoying. Any assistance would be appreciated!

:)

Willhelm_55, Feb 7, 2021

2. ? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse: No Device Detected

Hi Pard,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the Methods below and check.

Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Also perform the steps suggested in the link below and check.

Troubleshooting: Mice

Steps applicable to Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are able to use Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 7, 2021
  4. kuertee Win User

mouse button opens a new search pop-up?

stop middle mouse button from opening cortana/search

Is there a way to stop the middle mouse button (i.e. click of the scroll wheel) from opening Cortana/search?

Things I've tried:

1. Searched Google. No useful results. The closest I found was that Windows 10 may be confusing the click of the middle mouse button as the 3-finger tap on the touchpad - which opens Cortana/search by the default. But I don't have a touch pad. I have the Toshiba PX30T (Toshiba Qosmio PX30t 23 inch Touchscreen All-in-One PC - Black/Silver (Intel Core i3 3120M 2.5GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-Bit): Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories).

2. Tried re-configuring the middle mouse button in (a) Windows 10 Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad, (b) Control Panel > Mouse, and (c) my desktop's manufacturer's System Settings utility application (upgraded just now from their website). Interestingly, none of those three configuration tools had any control setting for the middle mouse button.

It is obvious that Windows 10 doesn't "fully" support the wireless mouse that comes with my PC.

My question then is...

Is there a way to "unbind" the middle mouse button from opening Cortana/search? For example, via the Registry Editor - maybe?

Thanks for any replies!

kuertee, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

mouse button opens a new search pop-up?

1. mouse button opens a new search pop-up? - Similar Threads - mouse button opens

2. Taskbar does not open pop-up option menu when right mouse button is clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar does not open pop-up option menu when right mouse button is clicked: I have few application icons placed in taskbar for quick start. I can open the application with single click and it works. I can't open another window for the application when I click right mouse button. It doesn't give me any options when click right mouse button. My Start...
  3. Taskbar does not open pop-up option menu when right mouse button is clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar does not open pop-up option menu when right mouse button is clicked: I have few application icons placed in taskbar for quick start. I can open the application with single click and it works. I can't open another window for the application when I click right mouse button. It doesn't give me any options when click right mouse button. My Start...
  4. Taskbar does not open pop-up option menu when right mouse button is clicked

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Middle mouse button not opening links in a new tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button not opening links in a new tab: I have a Steelseries Aerox 3, recently the middle click has completely stopped working and I am wondering if its Windows or the mouse, I've looked on various sites for a fix to this but none work or even apply to me. I know ctrl click and other stuff like that exist, but its...
  6. Middle mouse button not opening links in a new tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Middle mouse button not opening links in a new tab: I have a Steelseries Aerox 3, recently the middle click has completely stopped working and I am wondering if its Windows or the mouse, I've looked on various sites for a fix to this but none work or even apply to me. I know ctrl click and other stuff like that exist, but its...
  7. New Pop UP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Pop UP: Since the last update, there is a new pop-up that keeps occurring when I use an older Microsoft program. The message is as follows: Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device? The name of the app is cag.exe. Which is an older...
  8. New pop up

in Browsers and Email
    New pop up: I always got this with IE since I installed MBAE, now its working with Edge browser [img] 31263
  9. stop middle mouse button from opening cortana/search

in Windows 10 Support
    stop middle mouse button from opening cortana/search: Is there a way to stop the middle mouse button (i.e. click of the scroll wheel) from opening Cortana/search? Things I've tried: 1. Searched Google. No useful results. The closest I found was that Windows 10 may be confusing the click of the middle mouse button as the...
  10. New Pop-UP

in Windows 10 Support
    New Pop-UP: My tablet is an Acer Aspire, Switch 11 with W10. Recently, when the unit is idle for 30-40 seconds the screen goes black and this message appears in white lettering: "There are no pictures in C:\Users\EA\Dropbox\Documents\PhtoAztec" I've tried taking a screen shot to...