Windows 10: Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer

Discus and support Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With multiple mice different models, I suddenly cannot use mouse buttons 4&5 in Windows 10, build 1909. These buttons work in Win explorer, but in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brianbotkiller, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer

With multiple mice different models, I suddenly cannot use mouse buttons 4&5 in Windows 10, build 1909.

These buttons work in Win explorer, but in Chrome and Edge, they do nothing.

I have gone to a website which allows you to test your mouse buttons -- these buttons work in the virtual tester on the website.

They don't trigger back/forward actions, however.

They do trigger it in Firefox.

This is complete nonsense, and I'd like some help.

Thanks,

:)

brianbotkiller, Feb 24, 2020
  2. xSooDx Win User

Mouse buttons 4 and 5 not working in games after the Creators update

I am facing the same issue while trying to play Doom, Metro 2033 Redux, Overwatch and Rainbow 6 Seige. The mouse 4 & 5 buttons only stop working in game. It works perfectly in file explorer and browsers for going forward and backward.

Restarting my system fixes the issue, but only temporarily. The problem returns after some time, I think after the system is put to sleep and started up again.

xSooDx, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5

The mouse button 5 still registers as mouse button 5 even though mouse button 4 registers as mouse button 5

OwaisBagel809, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer

WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly

After the recent window update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" my mouse's windows buttons 4 and 5 are no longer working properly the Steel series software no longer recognizes the buttons when pressed.

These buttons work on a windows browser but as forward and back between pages.

A work around that I found and it is tedious to do is going to computer management uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the drivers again then the steel series software recognizes the buttons again but after a restart the same problem comes up.

I tried using mouse and keyboard center but says that there is no supported hardware connected.

Again before the update the mouse was working properly.

TecoRaidboss, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer

1. Mouse buttons 4&5 not working in web browsers, but works in Windows explorer - Similar Threads - Mouse buttons 4&5

2. No web browser is working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No web browser is working: Hello reddit, My friend is having this odd issue that no web browser is working at all. ALL websites are getting a privacy error or just not loading on Firefox, Opera, Edge. Other than that, his pc is connected to the internet (we are talking on discord rn). Does anyone know...
  3. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse buttons 4 and 5 suddenly not recognised: I have been using a M618 PLUS wireless mouse for about 9 months. I have arthritis in my fingers so I use Xmouse to map buttons 4 and 5 to scroll up and down the page to save me constantly using the mouse wheel. I use it in conjunction with a standard keyboard connected via...
  4. Mouse buttons 4 and 5 no longer working

Mouse buttons 4 and 5 no longer working: Just recently my mouse buttons 4 and 5 quit working. It is a Corsair m65 mouse. I have looked in there software and it is set as back and forward for webpages. I have tried it on other devices and it works correctly without any software. Its win10 on a PC I built myself....
  5. Mouse Button clicks are glitched in file explorer and Web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse Button clicks are glitched in file explorer and Web browser: When ever I left click from mouse on web Browser chrome,edge It goes back to homepage. This issue is very annoying. Pls, how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-button-clicks-are-glitched-in-file-explorer/27370c79-de83-4fa9-bdc6-4019fe2f2d97
  6. Strange macro assigned to mouse button 4 and 5

Strange macro assigned to mouse button 4 and 5: Hi, I'm using Win10 Pro and wireless mouse Delux M618 Plus. A few days ago my toddles smashed some random keys on keyboard maybe not related and today I notices that mouse buttons 4 and 5 have both some strange macros assigned to them alt+rcontrol+rshift+rwin+181 that...
  7. Web browsers not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browsers not working: I think I closed some process in the task bar and now none of the web browsers are loading pages I tried reinstalling them too didn't work but the browsers are working only when the VPN is on! All the other apps are working fine except web browsers.Help....
  8. Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Button 4 Registers as Mouse Button 5: After updating Windows 10 to version 1803, my mouse button 4 registers as my mouse button 5 in all games and applications such as Rainbow Six Siege and Chrome. I already tried opening device manager and reinstalling the drivers but nothings changed. Does anyone know how to...
  9. Web browser does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser does not work: I have problems with my web browser. Mozilla Firefox freezes very frequently and sometimes closes unexpectedly. Help me please solve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser-does-not-work/c0190ceb-1503-4991-a830-77038815a80e
  10. WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly

WOW mmo gaming mouse steel series button 4 and 5 not working properly: After the recent window update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" my mouse's windows buttons 4 and 5 are no longer working properly the Steel series software no longer recognizes the buttons when pressed. These buttons work on a windows browser but as forward and...