Windows 10: mouse buttons keep switching

Discus and support mouse buttons keep switching in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gdgates, Jan 19, 2019.

1. gdgates Win User

mouse buttons keep switching

I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse (trackpad) buttons back to the default orientation almost every time it goes to sleep and wakes up. For whatever reason, it doesn't do it every time, but at least 80% of the time. It's very annoying.

:)

gdgates, Jan 19, 2019
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Cannot switch mouse from 'right hand' operating to 'left hand'

Medina,

If your mouse can be switched then the setting for it is in

• Settings,
    • Devices,
    • Mouse,
    • Additional mouse options,
    • Buttons tab,
    • Button configuration - Switch primary & secondary buttons.

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Shmu26 Win User

Switch mouse buttons globally

I went into control panel and switched mouse buttons, I did this for all my user accounts.

But when I go to the lock screen, the mouse often reverts to default settings, and this is very confusing.

How can I switch mouse buttons for the whole local machine? There must be a registry hack for this.

And after I do this, will I have to undo the setting I made for the individual user accounts?

Shmu26, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

1. mouse buttons keep switching - Similar Threads - mouse buttons keep

2. Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows: Three different devices; one brand-new PC with Windows 11; one two-year-old PC with Windows 10; and one one-year-old laptop with Windows 11. For the last few days, inexplicably, the primary mouse button keeps changing from left to right. This is happening DURING use - not...
  3. Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse buttons keep switching while using Windows: Three different devices; one brand-new PC with Windows 11; one two-year-old PC with Windows 10; and one one-year-old laptop with Windows 11. For the last few days, inexplicably, the primary mouse button keeps changing from left to right. This is happening DURING use - not...
  4. Windows 11 mouse button switching issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mouse button switching issues: I have installed Windows 11 on my PC and on my wife's PC, which is connected wirelesly on the same network.I am having erratic mouse movements and connectivity problems, which I understand is an issue currently being addressed by Microsoft technicians and I believe that a fix...
  5. Windows 11 mouse button switching issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mouse button switching issues: I have installed Windows 11 on my PC and on my wife's PC, which is connected wirelesly on the same network.I am having erratic mouse movements and connectivity problems, which I understand is an issue currently being addressed by Microsoft technicians and I believe that a fix...
  6. Mouse buttons switched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse buttons switched: After the last Windows 10 update, the mouse buttons have switched so that the right button became the primary one. I have tried to reverse the sequence using the settings something you could normally do. It solves the problem, but only for one minute or so. After this, the...
  7. Mouse left click switched to side button

Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  8. Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account

Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account: I am left handed and have a dedicated hard-wired left handed mouse on my Win10 desktop PC. Everything is fine using the default right handed settings. I also have a Lenovo laptop with the Lenovo wireless mouse, which by default is right handed. If I enter Mouse settings on...
  9. mouse buttons keep switching

mouse buttons keep switching: I've had an HP Spectre 2-in-1 for well over a year now, running W10. I'm a lefty, and for some reason just recently, it has started switching the mouse (trackpad) buttons back to the default orientation almost every time it goes to sleep and wakes up. For whatever reason, it...
  10. Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse buttons keep switching via MS account: I have a Win10 desktop for which I use a mouse with the right button set as primary, and a Win10 laptop for which I use the trackpad and use the left button as primary. These keep switching and it seems to have to do with the machines being logged into my MS account. For...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my mouse buttons keep switching from 1 to num1