Windows 10: Mouse buttons locked in certain applications - MMB click restores functionality

Discus and support Mouse buttons locked in certain applications - MMB click restores functionality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with all my mouses (Elecom HUGE, CST, CadMouse, ComfortDesign) so I don't think it's a matter of drivers. After one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by time-, Dec 18, 2019.

1. time- Win User

Mouse buttons locked in certain applications - MMB click restores functionality

Hello,

I'm experiencing an issue with all my mouses (Elecom HUGE, CST, CadMouse, ComfortDesign) so I don't think it's a matter of drivers.

After one of the latest windows 10 updates, if some specific windows are opened, left and right mouse buttons don't respond. For example if I open the Task Manager, I can't right click anything and I must use "context menu" key to open the LMB menu.

If I open the MMC (for example GPO app) the left button is freezed and to restore functionality I have to press the middle mouse button anywhere and then left button is restored (but not the right button, inside MMC or Task Manager, I must use context menu key)

Never had this issue before, this happens on both my dell workstation and my clevo laptop with every devices I mentioned before.

By the way, with a desktop pc that has not been updated in a while (it lacks internet connection as it's used for CNC prep) I have no issues.

Let me know if you need any more information.

:)

time-, Dec 18, 2019

2. Forward/Back buttons on mouse got remapped on Windows update

Unfortunately, these attempts did not change the functionality.

The Mouse settings on the Control Panel have no options for the additional mouse buttons.

Restoring the system to a previous state (5 days ago; fairly certain but not positive the mouse functioned properly at that time) changed nothing, and there were no other listed system restore points.

WestleyBland, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Mouse buttons non functional after 5 or 10 minutes.

Does the mouse button functionality only disappear after loading something specific?
    Like a certain game or app?

Kreij, Dec 18, 2019
  4. CryptoKey Win User

Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications

My mouse cursor isn't locked to my crosshair when I'm unpaused from Minecraft or other apps. I've tried reinstalling and resetting Minecraft, no good. Restarting my PC, no good.

Resetting UWP apps through Powershell seems to not work either;
    HTML Code:
    Here's a short demonstration of the bug: LC3QBkJDEj0

Such a mind boggling issue. Can't find a solution for this problem even on the internet.

Things I've tried that provided no solution:

• Resetting/Uninstalling Minecraft
    • Reinstalling UWP apps to their defaults.
    • Shutdown/Restarting my PC.
    • Repairing my computer with SFC and DISM
    • Repairing my PC with Windows Media Installation Tool (Upgrade PC Keep Files Option)
    • Uninstalling/Reinstalling my mouse drivers.
    I have tried recovering from a restore point and it seemed to fix the issue temporarily but the issue returned.

Winver:

Mouse buttons locked in certain applications - MMB click restores functionality [​IMG]

CryptoKey, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse buttons locked in certain applications - MMB click restores functionality - Similar Threads - Mouse buttons locked

2. application flickering on mouse click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    application flickering on mouse click: I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to minimize. I've found a...
  3. application flickering on mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    application flickering on mouse click: Greetings People!I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to...
  4. application flickering on mouse click

application flickering on mouse click: Greetings People!I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to...
  5. Application flickering on mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application flickering on mouse click: Greetings People!I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to...
  6. Application flickering on mouse click

Application flickering on mouse click: Greetings People!I've had this issue for a while but i got really fed up with it lately. Every game in focus quickly looses focus and regains it on left mouse click. Not always but very frequently. If I'm fast enough, i can even click on my desktop, causing the game to...
  7. Right click function of an application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click function of an application: Hello After right clicking on an application on taskbar it displays a list of history or recently used things but again right clicking on a particular thing suppose a video, folder, program etc the drop down menu is not visible means not transparent. Also if i take the...
  8. restore mouse click sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    restore mouse click sounds: I've lost my mouse click sounds. On the Sounds settings setup, no input device is listed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-mouse-click-sounds/e10ade3c-56f5-4441-8d29-654c7a3c35f9
  9. random mouse button clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random mouse button clicks: random mouse button clicks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/random-mouse-button-clicks/98d1dbfe-2154-4d17-a708-d7fa3ee5a8d3
  10. Cannot Click Certain Buttons On Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Click Certain Buttons On Browser: I have a particular Web page where I fill in various check boxes/radio buttons and then click on "Enter". diy network blog cabin 2015 sweepstakes entry | DIY Network Blog Cabin Giveaway | DIY All of the actions work except the latter. I fill in the form and clicking...