Windows 10: Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys,I'm trying to figure out what's happening as it never happened to me before and I cant find concrete solution.Recently i got a new PC for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Totem Tim, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Totem Tim Win User

Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10

Hi guys,I'm trying to figure out what's happening as it never happened to me before and I cant find concrete solution.Recently i got a new PC for my daughter. She's 8 and loves recording herself play games and that's why this is important to us to fix since 2-3 programs that she knows how to use reproduce the problem in question.Specs i can provide later but in short its Ryzen 5 with integrated graphic card, 16 GB ram and SSD of 500GB. It uses windows 10, i thin 1909 or some similar version which i will disclose in the specs i send.Mouse is Silvercrest optical cordless mouse but I'm fairly c

:)

Totem Tim, Aug 12, 2022
  2. Kreij Win User

Mouse buttons non functional after 5 or 10 minutes.

Does the mouse button functionality only disappear after loading something specific?
    Like a certain game or app?

Kreij, Aug 12, 2022
  3. Lars Gard Win User
    An app is suddenly running in background instead of foreground as it should

I run Windows 10.

When I tried to start an app it suddenly started to run in the background instead of foreground as it should, as seen in the Taskmanager.

It is an "external" app and is thus not listed in the Settings-privacy- background apps list

I want to force it back to run as foreground app again.

Is it possible?

Lars Gard, Aug 12, 2022
  4. Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10

New Mouse Doesn't Work In Windows 10 (Buttons Work, But Cursor Won't)

Hello all, I'm coming here because I'm having an issue with a mouse. I've gone through most steps I've seen online (uninstalling the driver and then retrying it), but alas none of that works.

The weird buggy thing about it is, it worked at first - then one time when the system was shut-off, the aura was continuing to shine anyway (and now it does that all the time - aura shining even if the system is turned off) and upon booting, the mouse buttons work, but the cursor will not move (in fact, the cursor doesn't even display until I plug-in another mouse).

Most guides would tell you to "Go to the manufacturer's website and get updated drivers", but this is just a cheap Chinese mouse off Amazon and the oddly enough "TechZone" isn't on the mouse anywhere - "Hemzone" and "Gamestart" are.

But regardless, searching any of these companies is a fruitless endeavor anyway. None of them seem to really be established companies or anything. I mean yeah I found this but I doubt chinglish-named drivers from 2012 are going to help me (not to mention I'm suspicious to even download them).

So yeah - I have a mouse that the buttons work but nothing else does. Also, it's aura shines the moment it's plugged-in even if the computer is turned off (as long as the PSU is turned on, of course).

I have no idea what is wrong with this mouse. All it came with in terms of instructions was a tiny square piece of paper telling you what it's four buttons do and what OSes are supported, that's literally it:

Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Yeah, it says only up to Windows 8 is supported, but the Amazon listing deceptively listed Windows 10 as being supported. So I'm just a little peeved, even though this was just a $10 mouse. It's also very disappointing because it matches my build design quite nicely, but now it's looking like I may not even be able to actually use it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

AlexanderM13, Aug 12, 2022
Thema:

Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10

1. Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse buttons working

2. all mouse buttons don't work while moving mouse in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all mouse buttons don't work while moving mouse in games: I can't find anyone with the same issue and can't figure out a fix.... when I don't move the mouse all buttons are functional while moving it thought none are responding! this is not the mouse but the OS because it works fine when I use a raw input buffer. does anyone have a...
  3. all mouse buttons don't work while moving mouse in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all mouse buttons don't work while moving mouse in games: I can't find anyone with the same issue and can't figure out a fix.... when I don't move the mouse all buttons are functional while moving it thought none are responding! this is not the mouse but the OS because it works fine when I use a raw input buffer. does anyone have a...
  4. Windows Button not working for certain shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Button not working for certain shortcuts: I have a problem with my windows button. I usually use the windows button with the right or left arrow to split my screen but it does not work anymore and so does my the screenshot function Windows Button +print screen. So I thought that my Windows button was totally gone....
  5. Windows Button not working for certain shortcuts

Windows Button not working for certain shortcuts: I have a problem with my windows button. I usually use the windows button with the right or left arrow to split my screen but it does not work anymore and so does my the screenshot function Windows Button +print screen. So I thought that my Windows button was totally gone....
  6. Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10: Hi guys,I'm trying to figure out what's happening as it never happened to me before and I cant find concrete solution.Recently i got a new PC for my daughter. She's 8 and loves recording herself play games and that's why this is important to us to fix since 2-3 programs that...
  7. Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10

Mouse buttons not working while certain apps are in foreground except for them in Windows 10: Hi guys,I'm trying to figure out what's happening as it never happened to me before and I cant find concrete solution.Recently i got a new PC for my daughter. She's 8 and loves recording herself play games and that's why this is important to us to fix since 2-3 programs that...
  8. Certain buttons on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Certain buttons on keyboard not working: Hello, I've just bought a new gaming laptop, and I noticed certain buttons are not working. From what I can see so far, its only the Tab, Caps Lock and the number 1 at the top of my keyboard that are not responding when pressed. Anyone know how to fix this? I have...
  9. Certain "Buttons" Wont work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain "Buttons" Wont work on Windows 10: Hi, So I am having problems with most of the buttons, like, sing in , upload, don't work at all. Im facing this with browsers but today it also happened while I was trying to sign in to origin when the same thing happened, I was not able to click on the sign in button....
  10. Screensaver not working while certain apps are running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screensaver not working while certain apps are running: My screensaver isn’t automatically turning on while apps like games are running passively. Is there any way to change this? submitted by /u/migel210 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggqwtj/screensaver_not_working_while_certain_apps_are/