Windows 10: Mouse click capability lost

Discus and support Mouse click capability lost in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am helping my elderly neighbor with an unusual problem. He has a 4 year old Dell desktop running the latest version of Windows 10. After about 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeTinVA, Jul 5, 2018.

1. MikeTinVA Win User

Mouse click capability lost

I am helping my elderly neighbor with an unusual problem. He has a 4 year old Dell desktop running the latest version of Windows 10. After about 15 minutes of the computer being idle, the mouse click function dies (although the pointer still moves). Also, the keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+Alt+Del have no effect. Can't do anything other than press and hold the power button to reboot and start over.

Have tried new mouse, new keyboard, turned off screen saver -- problem still exists. I tried to reload Windows 10 via Media Creation tool, but the mouse clicker froze before the process got too far, so I had to abandon that.

Next steps? Any ideas would be most appreciated!

MikeT in VA

:)

MikeTinVA, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Mouse click capability lost

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse click capability lost

1. Mouse click capability lost - Similar Threads - Mouse click capability

2. lost wifi capability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost wifi capability.: windows updated my acer 16-41 nitro and now i have completely lost any access to wifi. the icon for wifi is gone. only options are ethernet and bluetooth......?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-capability/36701263-72cd-4d4c-b0bf-9dc7d969e142
  3. lost wifi capability.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost wifi capability.: windows updated my acer 16-41 nitro and now i have completely lost any access to wifi. the icon for wifi is gone. only options are ethernet and bluetooth......?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-capability/36701263-72cd-4d4c-b0bf-9dc7d969e142
  4. PC Lost Bluetooth capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Lost Bluetooth capability: So in a very frustrating turn of events, my PC has suddenly lost it's bluetooth capability. I'm fairly certain this was after a Windows update too.I have tried looking for it in device manager. As you can see, it's not there.I've tried checking Bluetooth and Other Devices. As...
  5. Lost Administrator Capabilities

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Administrator Capabilities: I am currently unable to install files or make any changes to my account to give myself admin access, for example, I can't run CMD as an administrator, the only message I receive is "To continue, enter an admin user name and password." and I only have an alternative to choose...
  6. Lost Administrator Capabilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Administrator Capabilities: I am currently unable to install files or make any changes to my account to give myself admin access, for example, I can't run CMD as an administrator, the only message I receive is "To continue, enter an admin user name and password." and I only have an alternative to choose...
  7. Lost Administrator Capabilities

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Lost Bluetooth Capability

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Bluetooth Capability: I followed instructions uninstalling Bluetooth Device and my Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio X70-A. How can I get the Bluetooth Icon so I and switch my Bluetooth on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-bluetooth-capability/16af073b-bede-43cc-a67b-c39c2625cd06
  9. Lost bluetooth capability

Lost bluetooth capability: I use a dell inspiron 5570 intel core I7-7500U with 16 gb ram, 64 based system. Lost complete bluetooth connectivity/capability. There are no bluetooth icon on the system, tried several option on device manager as well checking bluetooth status bluetooth supports service...
  10. Lost Bluetooth Capability

Lost Bluetooth Capability: Hello! After a recent set of updates, my computer claims to have lost it's bluetooth capability. The bluetooth icon has disappeared and the usual toggle to turn bluetooth on or off is also missing, making it impossible to connect any devices. My Windows version is...