Windows 10: Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box

Discus and support Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I did about two hours of research on this, and only found several similar issue, and none seem to have had a real fix. Some say it randomly stopped... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bobby Phoenix, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box

I did about two hours of research on this, and only found several similar issue, and none seem to have had a real fix. Some say it randomly stopped working, and then randomly started working again, and just about all said they reset about everything they can think of (which I did too), but it seems tied to the Google account that is being used. If you use guest, or no account (or different account), everything works. This just started yesterday for me. If I'm signed in like in my screenshot below I cannot select anything from the dropdown suggestions with the mouse. I can use the arrow keys and enter to select, but I'd rather use the mouse. Again it only stopped working yesterday. If I sign out of Google all works, so it's tied to my account somehow. It does the exact same in Firefox, so it's not a Chrome issue either. Just throwing it out there to see if anyone knows of a fix, or maybe I just need to hope it fixes itself soon enough.

Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box [​IMG]

:)

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 18, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 18, 2020
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box

1. Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box - Similar Threads - Mouse click working

2. Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box

in Cortana
    Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box: How do I get rid of Cortana's annoying features like the "Suggested" window that pops up when I click in the search bar?Example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-annoying-suggested-popup-when-clicking/13388297-f5ae-4d95-b952-f034b81c5e29
  3. Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box: How do I get rid of Cortana's annoying features like the "Suggested" window that pops up when I click in the search bar?Example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-annoying-suggested-popup-when-clicking/13388297-f5ae-4d95-b952-f034b81c5e29
  4. Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working: For a long time I've used Google as a search engine. I use the address bar for search, don't like suggestions, so when I got Edge I had to learn how to turn off all that stuff. Worked fine. No dropdown.Recently I tried DuckDuckGo, didn't like it, went back to Google....
  6. Google search box history problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google search box history problem: Hello! I am wondering if you can permanently delete history from google search box. I've tried to do ctrl+h and in advanced settings deleting files from the start, but when I tried to type something again it saves yet again. Tried changing "myactivity" aswell, but nothing...
  7. search box not working

in Cortana
    search box not working: i cannot use the search box. when i click on it, the search box area turns into a black box for some time then goes away on its own. i tried searching for solutions on web, though they didn't work. please help i am using windows 10....
  8. IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?: Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either. I have...
  9. Left click on mouse works..SOMETIMES..any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left click on mouse works..SOMETIMES..any suggestions?: The left clicker on my wired mouse works sometimes. The driver is up to date...any suggestions before I just buy another one? It took me 20 minutes to make this thread because I couldn't click from the thread title line into the comment box. 75243
  10. Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.: Hello *Wink when I type something in the windows search bar, it automatically fills itself with a program's name and I can't change anything about it. The only thing I can do is click on the program, or the search bar. Clicking on the search bar results in the word being...