Windows 10: Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser

Discus and support Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I've searched for answers to this -- it seems like A LOT of people have experienced this over the course of 10+ years, but I haven't seen a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shaun Manning, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser

Hi,I've searched for answers to this -- it seems like A LOT of people have experienced this over the course of 10+ years, but I haven't seen a fix beyond basic recommendations that do not work.Sometimes -- and frustratingly frequently -- when I click the left mouse button in my browser, the website will revert to the previous page as if I've clicked Back. This happens in every browser, using every mouse I've tried. Clearing cache and reinstalling the drivers does not help. So is there a solution? Not "try a new browser/mouse?" Please, I would really appreciate help with this. Thanks!

:)

Shaun Manning, Jan 25, 2023

2. mouse is vibrating randomly and switching tabs if I am on browser

I have been experiencing the following issues with the Microsoft Sculpt mouse. I have replaced the batteries with the new one. still same issue.

• The mouse is vibrating randomly.
    • While I am MS Teams, randomly switching chat tabs or If browsing a stie, randomly going back and switching browser tabs.
    • Getting plug-in/out sound randomly on OS.
    • Mouse battery draining very fast. I have to replace batteries for every 10days.

vemulakiran, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Mouse left-click is acting like a right-click.

My mouse has recently acting weird. Whenever I left-clicked the mouse, acts like a right-click however my right-click is still good. Therefore, both buttons are acting like right-clicks. Sometimes, it goes off by just leaving it a few minutes but then
    the issue returns if you used it after a few seconds. Since I'm using a laptop, both the external mouse and the touch pad had this issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse drivers but did not work. Please send a help. Thank you.

SherwinJalandoni, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser

How to slow down the left mouse button? It acts like a rapid fire button.

Thanks for responding, but none of these helped. The mouse and laptop are brand new, and the mouse was always like this, right out the box. Is there a way to change the speed setting for a single click? It acts like it is set to keep firing on mouse
    down. Perhaps it is preset to a mouse down event instead of mouse click event? I admit I don't know much about that, but that is my guess based on how it is acting.

Statesman63, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser

1. Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser - Similar Threads - Mouse click randomly

2. Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes: In Windows 10/11, my mouse randomly clicks on its own. When I exist games, very often the mouse left click will not work until I middle click.This happens with multiple games.The games are on Steam.Steps I've tried to resolve the issue:I have purchased a new mouse, and it has...
  3. Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse clicking randomly every few minutes: In Windows 10/11, my mouse randomly clicks on its own. When I exist games, very often the mouse left click will not work until I middle click.This happens with multiple games.The games are on Steam.Steps I've tried to resolve the issue:I have purchased a new mouse, and it has...
  4. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  5. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  6. Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser

Mouse click randomly acts like a Back button - EVERY mouse, EVERY browser: Hi,I've searched for answers to this -- it seems like A LOT of people have experienced this over the course of 10+ years, but I haven't seen a fix beyond basic recommendations that do not work.Sometimes -- and frustratingly frequently -- when I click the left mouse button in...
  7. Controller acting like a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  8. Controller acting like a mouse

Controller acting like a mouse: I have a playstation 4 controller i have used for almost a year on my pc, i updated my windows 11 last night on 7/29/2022 and it started to cause my controller to act like a mouse and every time I connect it, it drifts the mouse cursor to the top left corner of my screen and...
  9. Mouse left click acting like a right click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...
  10. random mouse button clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random mouse button clicks: random mouse button clicks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/random-mouse-button-clicks/98d1dbfe-2154-4d17-a708-d7fa3ee5a8d3