Windows 10: Mouse Clicking Issues Persist; Why?

Discus and support Mouse Clicking Issues Persist; Why? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For the past 4 to 5 months my mouse functions have declined significantly. When I click my mouse in FB or can be in any other page on the internet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kim6, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Kim6 Win User

Mouse Clicking Issues Persist; Why?

For the past 4 to 5 months my mouse functions have declined significantly. When I click my mouse in FB or can be in any other page on the internet, instead of it working where I click it, it clicks on something totally different, an icon or graphic in the background or something I haven't even chosen. Until I updated Win10, Edge, i.e., over the past several months, my Dell PC system was working perfectly, but as the updates gradually were added, my mouse no longer works properly. It clicks many times even when I am searching for or saving documents, it will jump to another folder or save in a name when I wasn't done putting in the actual name of the file. When I click to close pictures/photos, or another program, it closes all my Edge windows that are open. It clicks all over the place. I have uninstalled and re-installed my mouse, and unplugged and plugged it back in to no avail. I just need a fix to cure all. The techs really need to get on board because this situation is escalating. I have no viruses or malicious codes on my device.

:)

2. Windows 10 mouse issues

Hi Rick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

If the issue still persists, update the drivers for mouse by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Expand ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Unresponsive Mouse Clicks

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

The issue you are facing could be due to the Mouse driver is being outdated. Let’s try fixing the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the exact model of the optical mouse?

For now let's try simple steps and check if this helps in fixing the issue.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run Hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step:

Step 2.

I recommend you to go to the below link. Now locate for the mouse model and try downloading the driver and install the same.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Mouse Clicking Issues Persist; Why?

USB-mouse right click is not working in MS-Word 2016

Hi Jesus,

As you are facing issues with accessing the right click option on the MS programs, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does the same issue persists on Webpages as well?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of accessing the mouse for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Clicking Issues Persist; Why?

1. Mouse Clicking Issues Persist; Why? - Similar Threads - Mouse Clicking Issues

2. mouse left click issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse left click issue: i use mouse Aula S30 in windows 10, i tried other mouse too, the issue is when i use left click to any video, its not become pause but going previous video. when i test in driver mouse, it's fine didnt have issue at all but when in outside of it like trying double click. it...
  3. mouse left click issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse left click issue: i use mouse Aula S30 in windows 10, i tried other mouse too, the issue is when i use left click to any video, its not become pause but going previous video. when i test in driver mouse, it's fine didnt have issue at all but when in outside of it like trying double click. it...
  4. mouse left click issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Right-click Mouse Issues

Right-click Mouse Issues: I am currently running Windows 10. Within the past month the RIGHT Click Menu has begun to pop-up automatically without me ever right clicking. I have gone into Settings/Devices/Mouse/Related Settings/Additional Mouse Options/ClickLock/Turn on ClickLock/OK/Apply and this has...
  6. Mouse click registering issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse click registering issues: So I woke up today and went to use my asus windows 10 pc but noticed my mouse clicks are not registering half the time neither are they maintaining (if i hold click, half the time it counts as just a click). I tried resetting it and using it in different ports: nothing...
  7. Help with mouse click issues

Help with mouse click issues: I recently did a Windows 10 reset to fix some issues I was having and now my mouse clicks just don't work reliably. I'm using a Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball, the same exact mouse I was using before doing the reset. Single clicks will often result in a taskbar...
  8. Mouse double click issue

Mouse double click issue: My mouse has been randomly double clicking. Usually after a little while of my computer running. I’m on an omen laptop and I don’t know how to fix it permanently. The only temp fix I’ve found is to restart my computer. Other than that I’m so lost. Please help. Thank you in...
  9. Mouse issues double clicks

Mouse issues double clicks: I have windows 10. After the latest update, my mouse issues double clicks, causing windows to pop to maximum size and other problems. The problem is not the device. I have a wireless USB mouse and a wired USB mouse. The problem, which started suddenly, exists when I use...
  10. Mouse Clicking issues

Mouse Clicking issues: Hey everyone. So basically the mouse on my win 10 pc is acting weird. Single clicks to highlight folders work okay but i can not double click to open. Its odd... When i try and double click on one of my drives it appears to at least try and open but then in an instant...