Windows 10: Mouse Clicking issues

Discus and support Mouse Clicking issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone. So basically the mouse on my win 10 pc is acting weird. Single clicks to highlight folders work okay but i can not double click to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jakeMarch-Jones, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Mouse Clicking issues

Hey everyone.

So basically the mouse on my win 10 pc is acting weird. Single clicks to highlight folders work okay but i can not double click to open. Its odd... When i try and double click on one of my drives it appears to at least try and open but then in an instant flicks back. Similarly on settings i cannot open sub menus, i click them nothing.

Its worth pointing out that i can right click and open.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

jakeMarch-Jones, Apr 30, 2019

2. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Mouse Clicking issues

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Mouse Clicking issues

1. Mouse Clicking issues - Similar Threads - Mouse Clicking issues

2. mouse left click issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse left click issue: i use mouse Aula S30 in windows 10, i tried other mouse too, the issue is when i use left click to any video, its not become pause but going previous video. when i test in driver mouse, it's fine didnt have issue at all but when in outside of it like trying double click. it...
  3. mouse left click issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse left click issue: i use mouse Aula S30 in windows 10, i tried other mouse too, the issue is when i use left click to any video, its not become pause but going previous video. when i test in driver mouse, it's fine didnt have issue at all but when in outside of it like trying double click. it...
  4. mouse left click issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Right-click Mouse Issues

Right-click Mouse Issues: I am currently running Windows 10. Within the past month the RIGHT Click Menu has begun to pop-up automatically without me ever right clicking. I have gone into Settings/Devices/Mouse/Related Settings/Additional Mouse Options/ClickLock/Turn on ClickLock/OK/Apply and this has...
  6. Right-click Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click Mouse Issues: I am currently running Windows 10. Within the past month the RIGHT Click Menu has begun to pop-up automatically without me ever right clicking. I have gone into Settings/Devices/Mouse/Related Settings/Additional Mouse Options/ClickLock/Turn on ClickLock/OK/Apply and this has...
  7. Mouse click registering issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse click registering issues: So I woke up today and went to use my asus windows 10 pc but noticed my mouse clicks are not registering half the time neither are they maintaining (if i hold click, half the time it counts as just a click). I tried resetting it and using it in different ports: nothing...
  8. Help with mouse click issues

Help with mouse click issues: I recently did a Windows 10 reset to fix some issues I was having and now my mouse clicks just don't work reliably. I'm using a Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball, the same exact mouse I was using before doing the reset. Single clicks will often result in a taskbar...
  9. Mouse double click issue

Mouse double click issue: My mouse has been randomly double clicking. Usually after a little while of my computer running. I’m on an omen laptop and I don’t know how to fix it permanently. The only temp fix I’ve found is to restart my computer. Other than that I’m so lost. Please help. Thank you in...
  10. Mouse issues double clicks

Mouse issues double clicks: I have windows 10. After the latest update, my mouse issues double clicks, causing windows to pop to maximum size and other problems. The problem is not the device. I have a wireless USB mouse and a wired USB mouse. The problem, which started suddenly, exists when I use...