Windows 10: mouse clicking

Discus and support mouse clicking in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi How do I stop the clicking sound on my mouse. When on Zoom and sharing my screen, the participants can hear eveyr click I make which is annoying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EnzaGibson, Dec 19, 2020.

1. mouse clicking

Hi

How do I stop the clicking sound on my mouse. When on Zoom and sharing my screen, the participants can hear eveyr click I make which is annoying. Thanks

:)

EnzaGibson, Dec 19, 2020

2. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Why are videos now opening with a single mouse click?

1. Press the Windows key, type mouse settings, and press Enter.
    2. In the Settings window, under Related settings, click the Additional mouse options link.
    3. In the Mouse Properties window, click the Buttons tab, if not already selected.
    4. On the Buttons tab, adjust the slider for the Double-click speed option, then press OK.

mouse clicking mouse_properties.gif

1. Test out the double-click speed adjustment to see if that helps resolve the double-clicking issue. Repeat the steps above, if needed, to adjust the setting again.

FreeBooter, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

mouse clicking

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

mouse clicking

1. mouse clicking - Similar Threads - mouse clicking

2. My mic only can hear my clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic only can hear my clicking mouse: Long story short, my ASUS ROG Strix G614JU laptop suddenly had an issue with its internal microphone after I used AirPods. Now, the microphone only picks up clicking sounds from the mouse and laptop keyboard, but it doesn't pick up my voice. However, when I use the AirPods,...
  3. My mic only can hear my clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mic only can hear my clicking mouse: Long story short, my ASUS ROG Strix G614JU laptop suddenly had an issue with its internal microphone after I used AirPods. Now, the microphone only picks up clicking sounds from the mouse and laptop keyboard, but it doesn't pick up my voice. However, when I use the AirPods,...
  4. How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?: How do I make the mouse click action slightly slower when I use the touchscreen on my surface devices?Specific example-I'm looking at a Web page and touch and drag on the screen to scroll the page but the system activates a mouse click where my finger lands before it starts...
  5. How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?

How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?: How do I make the mouse click action slightly slower when I use the touchscreen on my surface devices?Specific example-I'm looking at a Web page and touch and drag on the screen to scroll the page but the system activates a mouse click where my finger lands before it starts...
  6. My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...: Today my keyboard randomly started registering Q as mouse 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-q-button-on-my-keyboard-is-registering-as-my/2140f828-dcb7-43d4-b398-f55707302975
  7. My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...: Today my keyboard randomly started registering Q as mouse 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-q-button-on-my-keyboard-is-registering-as-my/2140f828-dcb7-43d4-b398-f55707302975
  8. My q button on my keyboard is registering as my left click on my mouse so I can’t use q...

9. right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner: Whenever I open a game right clicking and/or holding with causes the mouse to lock in the top corner, the results were entertaining for about 2 minutes but now I can't get it not to trigger while playing games. additionally, the computer can't figure out where to boot from...
  10. right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner

right clicking causes the mouse to be locked in the top left corner: Whenever I open a game right clicking and/or holding with causes the mouse to lock in the top corner, the results were entertaining for about 2 minutes but now I can't get it not to trigger while playing games. additionally, the computer can't figure out where to boot from...