Windows 10: Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

Discus and support Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Muteogen, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing would big picked up. I can hover over things in the start menu but not click them, clicking on tabs like task manager causes them to unfocus, and I can only interact with the desktop sometimes. I've tried launching in safe mode, unplugging things, and switches mice to no result. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Edit:Switching mice and restarting seems to have maybe fixed it

submitted by /u/Muteogen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Muteogen, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

Hi albertschmaedick,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, could you please provide me some more information, so that I can assist you better.

1. Does this happen when you’re accessing the website or it happens with all the Windows?
    2. Do you use Touchpad mouse or Regular mouse on your PC?

However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Click on Windows key +
      R button and type Control panel
    2. Click on Ease of Access
    3. Then click on Activate Windows by hovering over it with the mouse
    4. Then click Apply and
      OK.
    We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 29, 2020
  3. In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

1. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering. - Similar Threads - Mouse Clicks Hovering

2. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  3. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  4. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  5. Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering: Hello Microsoft Support Team,I want to report an issue that has been reported many times in the past but has never been solved.The issue is that Windows 10 will, under unknown circumstances or causes, stop detecting mouse clicks left-click or right-click.I have validated that...
  6. Mouse click registering issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse click registering issues: So I woke up today and went to use my asus windows 10 pc but noticed my mouse clicks are not registering half the time neither are they maintaining (if i hold click, half the time it counts as just a click). I tried resetting it and using it in different ports: nothing...
  7. Left mouse clicks not registering

Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  8. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click: For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following....
  9. Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering: Hi, Recently the majority of the time when I try to click with the left mouse button, my PC doesn't register that I have clicked. I have done multiple tests and it appears my mouse is fine, it is an issue with my PC. I have tried multiple solutions from threads on here and...
  10. Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering: This is a common issue now that you don't seem to have any advice on. (You actually closed the other post about this issue, before offering any solutions). I'd prefer to not have waste my time to re-image entire PCs because of some BS problem that MS can't figure out...