Windows 10: Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

Discus and support Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a common issue now that you don't seem to have any advice on. (You actually closed the other post about this issue, before offering any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by czech27, Aug 5, 2019.

1. czech27 Win User

Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

This is a common issue now that you don't seem to have any advice on. (You actually closed the other post about this issue, before offering any solutions). I'd prefer to not have waste my time to re-image entire PCs because of some BS problem that MS can't figure out

:)

czech27, Aug 5, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Aug 5, 2019
  3. keyboard and mouse pad problems

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard and mouse by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard (for keyboard) and Mice and other pointing devices (for mouse).
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

1. Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering - Similar Threads - Mouse clicks keyboard

2. Pc will not register keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc will not register keyboard and mouse: I was perfectly gaming with some friends up until when I restarted my pc. I go to type in my password and the keyboard and mouse both aren’t connecting. I’ve tried turning it off and on, launching bios keyboard doesn’t work to launch it, remove the cmos battery, check ram and...
  3. Pc will not register keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc will not register keyboard and mouse: I was perfectly gaming with some friends up until when I restarted my pc. I go to type in my password and the keyboard and mouse both aren’t connecting. I’ve tried turning it off and on, launching bios keyboard doesn’t work to launch it, remove the cmos battery, check ram and...
  4. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  5. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  6. Mouse click registering issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse click registering issues: So I woke up today and went to use my asus windows 10 pc but noticed my mouse clicks are not registering half the time neither are they maintaining (if i hold click, half the time it counts as just a click). I tried resetting it and using it in different ports: nothing...
  7. Left mouse clicks not registering

Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  8. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click: For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following....
  9. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...
  10. Mouse and keyboard not registering

Mouse and keyboard not registering: I recently got given a pc. I went to reset the pc with the get rid of the file option but chose the one where I'm wanting to keep the pc. After it has reset the computer and said let's begin. Chose what region I'm in my cursor doesn't show and my keyboard doesn't respond....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse clicks not registering windows 10