Windows 10: Mouse clicks not registering most times

Discus and support Mouse clicks not registering most times in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure where else to post this as this isn't exactly a hardware issue, and I'll explain in a bit why. My mouse has been ignoring a good amount of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GuyInDogSuit, May 11, 2021.

1. Mouse clicks not registering most times

I'm not sure where else to post this as this isn't exactly a hardware issue, and I'll explain in a bit why. My mouse has been ignoring a good amount of clicks. Or I should say, Windows is. Because some apps do register them, because it visually reacts to my clicks, but it doesn't activate, regardless. Does that make sense? Anyway, the weird thing is that this still happens with other mice. So I'm fairly certain this is a software-side issue. I have tried two other mice with the same result (two Logitech M510 wireless mice and an Onn wired "gaming mouse"), but tested my main mouse on another PC, with no issues on that one. Here's what else I've tried: Updating the drivers (no updates from MS Update, and Logitech only seems to have software to manage the mouse but no drivers? Huh?). I had this same issue with a wireless Logi keyboard, too. Software but no drivers. Removing the mouse and the drivers completely, and reinstalling them. No changes there, either. Checking my settings in Control Panel and in System Settings. Even adjusted double-click speed, cursor size, etc. No change. Short of reinstalling Windows, is there anything else I could try? (Mostly) Relevant info: Windows 10 Pro v20H2, OS build 19042.964 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0 Installed on 10/‎25/‎2020 Wireless Mouse M510 Firmware ver 062.001.00015 Logitech Options ver 8.54.106 Mouse: HID-compliant mouse (3 listed in Device Manager, all the same info) Driver ver 10.0.19041.1 Driver date 6/21/2006

:)

GuyInDogSuit, May 11, 2021

2. Mouse not registering all clicks and sensitivity dropping

Hi,

This issue likely occurs if the driver needs to be updated. Since you recently purchased and installed a new mouse, it's possible that the necessary driver for it is not yet installed, or the driver might be incompatible or corrupted. We'd like to know the
    following so we can better assist you.

• What's the make and model of your mouse?
    • Is the issue the same with a different mouse?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when connecting the mouse on a different device?

Meanwhile, to troubleshoot your mouse issue, we suggest running the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. It will try to identify and resolve the issue automatically. To do so, please refer to these steps:

• From the Start menu, type troubleshooting and press
      Enter.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device and then click
      Next. Wait for the scan to be completed.

Afterwards, if the issue persists, we recommend updating the mouse driver.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, May 11, 2021
  3. Left click not registering

I suggest you start the trouble-shooting effort with simple left-click actions, e.g. like so:

• Single click any desktop item. This should highlight the item.
    • Double-click any desktop item. This should open it.
    • Drag any desktop item do a different place, using your mouse. Can you move it?
    Could it be that your mouse buttons are reversed?

Frederik Long, May 11, 2021
  4. Mouse clicks not registering most times

Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Mouse clicks not registering most times

1. Mouse clicks not registering most times - Similar Threads - Mouse clicks registering

2. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  3. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  4. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  5. Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Mouse clicks not registering: Hello Microsoft Support Team,I want to report an issue that has been reported many times in the past but has never been solved.The issue is that Windows 10 will, under unknown circumstances or causes, stop detecting mouse clicks left-click or right-click.I have validated that...
  6. Mouse click registering issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse click registering issues: So I woke up today and went to use my asus windows 10 pc but noticed my mouse clicks are not registering half the time neither are they maintaining (if i hold click, half the time it counts as just a click). I tried resetting it and using it in different ports: nothing...
  7. Left mouse clicks not registering

Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  8. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click: For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following....
  9. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...
  10. Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering

Mouse clicks and keyboard periodically not registering: This is a common issue now that you don't seem to have any advice on. (You actually closed the other post about this issue, before offering any solutions). I'd prefer to not have waste my time to re-image entire PCs because of some BS problem that MS can't figure out...