Windows 10: Mouse clicks not responding

Discus and support Mouse clicks not responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today, I opened the computer. On the lock screen, everything worked as normal, but once it started, no mouse clicks would respond. If I hover over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by computingpotatochips, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Mouse clicks not responding

Today, I opened the computer. On the lock screen, everything worked as normal, but once it started, no mouse clicks would respond. If I hover over something in the taskbar, it lights up as it should, but clicking on anything does nothing. If I use the touchscreen, the clicks respond fine.

:)

computingpotatochips, Mar 4, 2019
  2. stor Win User

mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click.
    I called dell and they came and changed the entire mouse pad but still no success.
    I downloaded the shellexview as was proposed in another thread and followed the steps to disable the pink ones, still no result.
    Today I did format in the laptop and reinstalled windows 10. a few hours later the problem was back. After the format I installed again shellexview and repeated the steps. still no result
    I am running out of options. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

stor, Mar 4, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Computer doesn't respond to mouse clicks

Hi Kat,

For us to isolate the issue in using the mouse to interact with the contents of your desktop, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did this issue started to occur?
    • Have you checked if the mouse works when you connect it to another device?
    On a lighter note, we suggest that you check if there are pending updates waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install them and restart your device. After restarting, check if you are able to interact with the contents of your desktop.

David Haz, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Mouse clicks not responding

Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Mouse clicks not responding

1. Mouse clicks not responding - Similar Threads - Mouse clicks responding

2. Mouse not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not responding: Hi there,New troubles, remote mouse not responding on notebook. Initially I thought a duff battery but no it wasn´t that one. Running Win10 maintenance which is really pretty useless gave no indication came up with nothing. Update didn´t find anything. So what is it ?...
  3. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  4. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  5. Not responding to clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not responding to clicking: Hi, I use an HP Pavilion running Windows 10 (OS build: 18363.1316). Today, after restarting it I noticed that clicking on certain thing in the taskbar wouldn't bring a response or open anything. For example, I cannot type anything into the search bar or press on the windows...
  6. Mouse clicking not responding until ctrl alt delete

Mouse clicking not responding until ctrl alt delete: I have this issue where my mouse clicking isnt working until i ctrl alt delete just to open a another tab. I tried uninstalling my mouse drivers and other drivers with no luck. I have also tried other solutions and it still doesn't work for me. Clear File explorer history...
  7. Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.

Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  8. Apps not responding to mouse clicks.

Apps not responding to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  9. Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks

Weird issue with Windows not responding to mouse clicks: This was a small, non-issue previously; I would turn on my computer, login to Windows and sometimes I wouldn't be able to click anything on my taskbar. Hitting the Windows key on my keyboard fixed this. This happened before the anniversary update and changing GPU, but it...
  10. mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

mouse freezes and then right click wont respond: Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click. I...