Windows 10: Mouse clicks to move files in File Explorer open files instead

Discus and support Mouse clicks to move files in File Explorer open files instead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried searching for this issue but didn't see anything related in the first three pages of search results. This started about 10 days ago. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lochkelly, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Lochkelly Win User

Mouse clicks to move files in File Explorer open files instead

I tried searching for this issue but didn't see anything related in the first three pages of search results. This started about 10 days ago. When selecting files in File Explorer with my mouse, the files open as I try to drag them them to other folders. Very frustrating. I tried dialing down my mouse sensitivity but it has not helped. It's odd that it just started a few days ago when I have not made any changes to sensitivity of any input device before today. I am also using the same cordless optical mouse I have used with this laptop for years. Any ideas or suggestions? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Thanks, Lisa

:)

Lochkelly, Jul 21, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 21, 2021
  3. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Mouse clicks to move files in File Explorer open files instead - Similar Threads - Mouse clicks move

2. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.: So I found an issue with double clicking my files. So when I double click my files, it will not open it up. I find this really, REALLY annoying to me. This also applies for disks, folders, media files, and others. This even happens for software that can open files on the File...
  3. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.: So I found an issue with double clicking my files. So when I double click my files, it will not open it up. I find this really, REALLY annoying to me. This also applies for disks, folders, media files, and others. This even happens for software that can open files on the File...
  4. Double click dose not open my file in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file

Explorer Window moving when clicking on a file: Let's say I have 1000 files in a folder. These files are folders holding various things. In list mode, these folders would be arranged in any number of columns, depending on the scale of the window. Now let's say that my window with these files in it is smaller because I...
  6. Opening Files in File Explorer

Opening Files in File Explorer: Tell me how to open files liked I used to be able to do by double-clicking on a file. Now when I double-click on a file, it simply opens in a preview on the right or highlights the filename as though I want to rename the file. P.S. Quit screwing around with File Explorer....
  7. Windows File Explorer Right Mouse Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows File Explorer Right Mouse Click: I have just upgraded my system to win 10 release 10.0.18362 Build 18362 and all appeared to be working. I found an issue with File Explorer - if I try to "right Click" on a drive letter in the left panel File Explorer closes (all task bar items also get disappear for a few...
  8. eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer: Hello everyone i have a problem. After a user automatically logs in he get this screen (win10-1.png), after that he needs to access some of the files, so he opens the task manager with keyboard shortcut ctrl + shift +e and goes to new task. In the pop up window he needs to...
  9. double clicking on a file in file explorer

double clicking on a file in file explorer: when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?...
  10. Moving Files to Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Files to Explorer: I've always moved files from Windows Live Mail by dragging them into Explorer, now I get this message, also happened trying to move files from my phone (android) [img] 116223