Windows 10: Mouse Clicks

Discus and support Mouse Clicks in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, Back at it again with another question. This time involving the upgrade from Windows 7 - 10. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wilfred Mui, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Mouse Clicks

Hey guys, Back at it again with another question.

This time involving the upgrade from Windows 7 - 10.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have been liking the file types and the simple stuff.

This question has been solved before but since Windows 10 has evolved since 2015, Some shortcuts have been mix and matched. So nothing really helps.

This involves my pointing devices with Windows 10

Basically, Windows 10 has been up and weird with my pointing device lately. And its been so messed up, Only a 30% chance will result of an left click out of how much I click in games.

Simpler explanation: Sometimes Windows 10 picks up my left clicks in games. Which means some clicks are not picked up.

Its really bugging me because the help forums else where are over 5 years old and the methods are outdated.

Any replies appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Wilfred Mui, Oct 11, 2020

2. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Why are videos now opening with a single mouse click?

1. Press the Windows key, type mouse settings, and press Enter.
    2. In the Settings window, under Related settings, click the Additional mouse options link.
    3. In the Mouse Properties window, click the Buttons tab, if not already selected.
    4. On the Buttons tab, adjust the slider for the Double-click speed option, then press OK.

Mouse Clicks mouse_properties.gif

1. Test out the double-click speed adjustment to see if that helps resolve the double-clicking issue. Repeat the steps above, if needed, to adjust the setting again.

FreeBooter, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse Clicks

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Clicks

1. Mouse Clicks - Similar Threads - Mouse Clicks

2. Desktop context menu not work when right click mouse over Drive on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop context menu not work when right click mouse over Drive on File Explorer: After I opened File Explorer and highlighted drive C, I right clicked my mouse and expected the context menu would be displayed. However, it waited for a while and the whole desktop restarted. If I clicked 'This PC' on the left panel of File Explorer, and on the right hand...
  3. How to change Mouse Cursor "on-click"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Mouse Cursor "on-click": Hi I want to change my mouse cursor but not just the cursor itself. I already have the cursor itself changed I know how to do that. What I specifically want is to see if there's a way to change the cursor "on-click". What I mean is I want the cursor to change whenever I...
  4. Mouse sometimes won't let me click anything behind the window I have open until I open task...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse sometimes won't let me click anything behind the window I have open until I open task...: So basically I can click anything on the window or game that is open but nothing behind it Also mouse randomly clicks sometimes (and scrolls) if anyone has any idea what this could be Please help I've tried uninstalling the mouse drivers restarting pc and plugging back in to...
  5. Left mouse clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  6. right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal: right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-on-desktop-screen-shows-only-if-mouse/1bc7c73d-7ae7-4d67-a4e1-2bec6562331b
  7. Transparent Region In Windows Search While Click On Search Area Using Mouse

in Cortana
    Transparent Region In Windows Search While Click On Search Area Using Mouse: Hello community, today I do a clean of Windows 10, 2004 in my laptop. After that when I click on windows search area, just a transparent thing pop-up and I can't type anything there. Here's the screenshot. [ATTACH] But, if I press Win key then, search is working...
  8. Playing Games and Mouse Clicks Don't Always Register

Playing Games and Mouse Clicks Don't Always Register: Ok, so, I've searched around and have not found any other posts that seem to relate exactly to my problem. When I play SOME games not all the games I play run into this issue my mouse clicks don't always seem to register in game. It is a bit hard to describe but here...
  9. Win10 not recognizing mouse until I click it

Win10 not recognizing mouse until I click it: I recently upgraded to Win10 Home x64. Everything is working great, but when I boot up the desktop my mouse will not load until I click on it. When I click on it I get the "ding" like when you plug in a new thumb drive or other USB device. Why would it not load the mouse? The...
  10. When i press right click on my mouse it open internet browser

When i press right click on my mouse it open internet browser: How do i stop when i press right click on my mouse it open internet browser, i try to reinstall the windows but didnt work, i have this mouse for like 4-5 years and i got no problem. Pls help fast i cant play any games or editing stuff...