Windows 10: Mouse Clicks

Discus and support Mouse Clicks in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, Back at it again with another question. This time involving the upgrade from Windows 7 - 10. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wilfred Mui, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Mouse Clicks

Hey guys, Back at it again with another question.

This time involving the upgrade from Windows 7 - 10.

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have been liking the file types and the simple stuff.

This question has been solved before but since Windows 10 has evolved since 2015, Some shortcuts have been mix and matched. So nothing really helps.

This involves my pointing devices with Windows 10

Basically, Windows 10 has been up and weird with my pointing device lately. And its been so messed up, Only a 30% chance will result of an left click out of how much I click in games.

Simpler explanation: Sometimes Windows 10 picks up my left clicks in games. Which means some clicks are not picked up.

Its really bugging me because the help forums else where are over 5 years old and the methods are outdated.

Any replies appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Wilfred Mui, Oct 11, 2020

2. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Why are videos now opening with a single mouse click?

1. Press the Windows key, type mouse settings, and press Enter.
    2. In the Settings window, under Related settings, click the Additional mouse options link.
    3. In the Mouse Properties window, click the Buttons tab, if not already selected.
    4. On the Buttons tab, adjust the slider for the Double-click speed option, then press OK.

Mouse Clicks mouse_properties.gif

1. Test out the double-click speed adjustment to see if that helps resolve the double-clicking issue. Repeat the steps above, if needed, to adjust the setting again.

FreeBooter, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse Clicks

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Clicks

1. Mouse Clicks - Similar Threads - Mouse Clicks

2. How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??: Hey, There!Greetings! I am a windows 11 user. I just want to know how to remove the mouse's right click command shortcut key. Such as Ctrl+Z shows on the right side of undo. I just want the undo option, no shortcut command I want.I just don't want to have shortcut key...
  3. How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??: Hey, There!Greetings! I am a windows 11 user. I just want to know how to remove the mouse's right click command shortcut key. Such as Ctrl+Z shows on the right side of undo. I just want the undo option, no shortcut command I want.I just don't want to have shortcut key...
  4. I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text: I am trying to select text in documents and web pages. When I use the left click hold function on my mouse, the highlighted text does not remain highlighted. It takes my MULTIPLE attempts for it to select it. Windows 11 PRO: Dell Inspiron Computer IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU...
  5. I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text

I am having trouble click left mouse and selecting text: I am trying to select text in documents and web pages. When I use the left click hold function on my mouse, the highlighted text does not remain highlighted. It takes my MULTIPLE attempts for it to select it. Windows 11 PRO: Dell Inspiron Computer IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU...
  6. Clicks aleatórios no cursor do mouse ao dar ALT+TAB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicks aleatórios no cursor do mouse ao dar ALT+TAB.: Na data de ontem fiz uma atualização no meu Windows 11 que resultou em um stress absurdo. Logo após atualizar, reinicie o PC e abri o Warzone, o cursor do meu mouse ficou louco, quando tentava dar alt+tab dentro do jogo ele grudava no canto inferior esquerdo da tela, clicava...
  7. Clicks aleatórios no cursor do mouse ao dar ALT+TAB.

Clicks aleatórios no cursor do mouse ao dar ALT+TAB.: Na data de ontem fiz uma atualização no meu Windows 11 que resultou em um stress absurdo. Logo após atualizar, reinicie o PC e abri o Warzone, o cursor do meu mouse ficou louco, quando tentava dar alt+tab dentro do jogo ele grudava no canto inferior esquerdo da tela, clicava...
  8. My mic only can hear my clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic only can hear my clicking mouse: Long story short, my ASUS ROG Strix G614JU laptop suddenly had an issue with its internal microphone after I used AirPods. Now, the microphone only picks up clicking sounds from the mouse and laptop keyboard, but it doesn't pick up my voice. However, when I use the AirPods,...
  9. My mic only can hear my clicking mouse

My mic only can hear my clicking mouse: Long story short, my ASUS ROG Strix G614JU laptop suddenly had an issue with its internal microphone after I used AirPods. Now, the microphone only picks up clicking sounds from the mouse and laptop keyboard, but it doesn't pick up my voice. However, when I use the AirPods,...
  10. How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?

How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?: How do I make the mouse click action slightly slower when I use the touchscreen on my surface devices?Specific example-I'm looking at a Web page and touch and drag on the screen to scroll the page but the system activates a mouse click where my finger lands before it starts...