Windows 10: Mouse constantly scrolling up and keyboard hitting home

Discus and support Mouse constantly scrolling up and keyboard hitting home in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have been having an issue where my home key has been being pressed randomly and my mouse has been infinitely scrolling up. These issue both started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TearsOfLA, Mar 8, 2019.

1. TearsOfLA Win User

Mouse constantly scrolling up and keyboard hitting home

i have been having an issue where my home key has been being pressed randomly and my mouse has been infinitely scrolling up. These issue both started at the same time about 6 months ago. Ive updated drivers and firmware on both of these, as well as opened them up and cleaned the affected parts. I know its not a keylogger or some sort of malware as it is only the home key and only scrolling up, it happens are random times, and just stops on its own. I have not tried with another set of peripherals because i dont own any others. The scrolling happens more ofter than the home key issue (that one hasnt happened in months, but it just started back up again, so thats why im making this) The can happen independently, so i dont think they are connected. Any suggestions?

:)

TearsOfLA, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Booms Win User

Microsoft 5050 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Not Detected

Hi,
    I have a new Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard 2000 now.
    Tried what you suggested with an old keyboard, connected the new one and it's a bit better.
    I stll get an error saying the 'MKCHelper.exe' file is missing.
    I still can't uninstall/reinstall Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Centre, as it says it is on the PC, but is not listed in the list of software to uninstall.
    When I slow the wheel scroll speed down, it works fine, but when I restart the PC I have to do it again, as it speeds up so much I can't control it.

Booms, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Mar 8, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse constantly scrolling up and keyboard hitting home - Similar Threads - Mouse constantly scrolling

2. Mouse Scrolling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scrolling up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and when I alt+tab it gets stuck scrolling up in every window except the game I'm playing. It doesn't happen every time I alt+tab but it happens pretty often. I temporarily fix it by restarting my computer or logging out and back in. If anyone...
  3. Mouse Scrolling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scrolling up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and when I alt+tab it gets stuck scrolling up in every window except the game I'm playing. It doesn't happen every time I alt+tab but it happens pretty often. I temporarily fix it by restarting my computer or logging out and back in. If anyone...
  4. Constant scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant scrolling: Noticed today that when I open Windows menu or File Explorer or Control Panel or nearly any other program browsers seems unaffected but for example Irfanview is affected with scrollbars it scrolls until has reached end either from top to bottom or left to right and stays...
  5. Constant scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant scrolling: Noticed today that when I open Windows menu or File Explorer or Control Panel or nearly any other program browsers seems unaffected but for example Irfanview is affected with scrollbars it scrolls until has reached end either from top to bottom or left to right and stays...
  6. Constant scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & mouse disabled CONSTANTLY: I have EXTREME problems with windows 10. First: Windows randomly disables my keyboard & mouse. It happens when I use them, AND when I don't use them. I've bought a NEW keyboard & mouse, to see if that helped. It didn't. I've tried reinstalling windows, no effect....
  8. Mouse scroll wheel acting up

Mouse scroll wheel acting up: I use my scroll wheel all the time while browsing websites. Lately it gets stuck and have to click the left mouse button to continue. I replaced the battery and the problem continues. I use a Logitech M325 mouse. Is it the mouse or is it another Windows 10 thing? 153797
  9. Constant scrolling

Constant scrolling: Please, someone help me. My screen is on constant scroll. It either scrolls left or down. I've tried changing the mouse, updating drivers, system restore, the auto colour thing and numerous other things. Can someone please point me to a resolution? Many thanks....
  10. Constant up scroll issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant up scroll issue.: Recently on my HP Omen there has been an issue where certain locations and apps have a continuous up scroll. This is present in almost every thing (the start menu, trouble shooting menu, Netflix, ect.) except internet browsers. Looking for a way to fix this problem, so please...