Windows 10: Mouse continuously changes preferences

Discus and support Mouse continuously changes preferences in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My boss and I share our windows and office subscriptions. My boss uses a right handed mouse with the traditional button click set up. I use a left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DPeel, Nov 2, 2020.

1. DPeel Win User

Mouse continuously changes preferences

My boss and I share our windows and office subscriptions. My boss uses a right handed mouse with the traditional button click set up. I use a left handed mouse with opposite button clicks. Before the last update, we both experienced our mouse preferences swapping occasionally on start up or even mid day. We would change our preferences back and go on with our work. With the last update they switch constantly throughout the day. Often times less than a minute after changing the preferences it will revert back. Absolutely hate this!!! what can be done?

:)

DPeel, Nov 2, 2020

2. How to change mouse preference

Hi,

Thanks for the clarity. I will certainly assist you in changing the mouse preference.

Follow the steps below and check if it resolves your concern:

• Press Windows Logo + I keys.

• Click on Devices and go to Mouse & touchpad on the left side panel of the window.

• Click on the dropdown under Select your primary button and select
      Right.

Note: When right click is set as primary button, you can drag and drop the files using left click to get the pop-up saying
    move here and vice versa.

Do get back to us if you still face difficulty in changing the mouse preference. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Mouse continuously changes preferences

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Mouse continuously changes preferences

1. Mouse continuously changes preferences - Similar Threads - Mouse continuously changes

2. Windows 10 continues to be preferred by PC gamers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 continues to be preferred by PC gamers: Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system continues to be the most popular desktop operating system for gamers. Valve Software's latest hardware survey on its Steam gaming platform highlights that 63.51% of all Steam users run the software on Windows 10 powered devices....
  3. Unable to change sign in preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change sign in preferences: Hello, I believe someone else has access to my account. When I try to change account sign in preferences I am sent to https://account.live.com/names/Manage . When I get there, my email is listed as the primary alias, but the letters are lighter and I am unable to change it in...
  4. Why is Microsoft asking me to continuously change my passwords or log in preferences?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Microsoft asking me to continuously change my passwords or log in preferences?: Seriously, ENOUGH! I don't want a pin to sign into Win10. Don't need that. Also, now ALL my Office 365 programs are asking me to change my login to make it easier to access these apps. NO!!!! I don't want one password to access everything. I am fine with having separate...
  5. Why change my preferences?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why change my preferences?: Just finished a 10 hour+ update to Windows 10. Can't believe that it takes so long. Not so upset at the time as I am that the update changed my preferences. Who are they to think that I wanted a dark, black environment? Don't try to dictate what you think my preferences...
  6. Mouse Loading continuously

Mouse Loading continuously: On the computer, the mouse tick turns in this way all the time. I tried to update windows 10, But still same problem and computer become very slow. Whats wrong with this?[ATTACH]...
  7. Change Preferred DNS server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Preferred DNS server: Hello have fresh installation Windows 10 (up to date), version 1803, build 17134.320 In network configuration Prefered DNS server always has value 172.0.0.1. I make the change to my need and after save and flush DNS ipconfig /flushdns value get back to 172.0.0.1 Thank you...
  8. change mail attachments preference

in Windows 10 Customization
    change mail attachments preference: I cannot open a email attachments as Adobe is the default and I want to change it. thanks BP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-mail-attachments-preference/e0220e60-ebe3-4cdc-a47a-551ed2c14cd6
  9. Windows continues to be the preferred choice in the education sector

in Windows 10 News
    Windows continues to be the preferred choice in the education sector: Microsoft’s effort in the education sector is finally paying off. A new report claims that Windows continues to be the preferred choice worldwide for devices in the education sector. Microsoft’s Windows has once again managed to beat both Google and Apple in this particular...
  10. Can't change installation preferences

Can't change installation preferences: Trying to do an Installation/Repair on a W-10 Pro Insider Preview. Reason: Updates fail Won't reset, just says it can't. Using iso from Download Windows 10 Insider Preview Advanced It only allows me to do a clean install. 111849