Windows 10: Mouse control

Discus and support Mouse control in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have trouble controlling my mouse pointer. It`s either slow or frozen, and hard to control. Changed batteries - no improvement. Has run a complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kurt Pedersen 1000x, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Mouse control

I have trouble controlling my mouse pointer. It`s either slow or frozen, and hard to control. Changed batteries - no improvement.

Has run a complete virusscan several times - no virus.

Has anybody got a suggestion of a solution that will cure my mouse :-

Kurt, Denmark

:)

Kurt Pedersen 1000x, Oct 9, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Windows Update - Lost Mouse Control

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

Andre Da Costa, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Mouse control

Windows Update - Lost Mouse Control

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

E for Excel, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Mouse control

1. Mouse control - Similar Threads - Mouse control

2. How can you use 1 mouse and keyboard to control multiple PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can you use 1 mouse and keyboard to control multiple PCs?: I want to be able to use a single mouse and keyboard to control multiple HP-Z PCs. I currently use the synergy application but recently experience issues with it not working properly. Is there an alternative to the synergy application or maybe a native plug-in?...
  3. How can you use 1 mouse and keyboard to control multiple PCs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can you use 1 mouse and keyboard to control multiple PCs?: I want to be able to use a single mouse and keyboard to control multiple HP-Z PCs. I currently use the synergy application but recently experience issues with it not working properly. Is there an alternative to the synergy application or maybe a native plug-in?...
  4. I put to much ram in the bios and now my monitor controller and keyboard and mouse won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I put to much ram in the bios and now my monitor controller and keyboard and mouse won't...: PC monitor controller keyboard and mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-put-to-much-ram-in-the-bios-and-now-my-monitor/c3666598-4b22-4276-9399-683c4164da3c
  5. I put to much ram in the bios and now my monitor controller and keyboard and mouse won't...

I put to much ram in the bios and now my monitor controller and keyboard and mouse won't...: PC monitor controller keyboard and mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-put-to-much-ram-in-the-bios-and-now-my-monitor/c3666598-4b22-4276-9399-683c4164da3c
  6. Controller acting as a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting as a mouse: Help Controller acting as a mouse I do not have steam install using Xbox game pass I had the same issue before reinstalling windows this issue randomly started to happen...
  7. Controller acting as a mouse

Controller acting as a mouse: Help Controller acting as a mouse I do not have steam install using Xbox game pass I had the same issue before reinstalling windows this issue randomly started to happen...
  8. My controller is doing mouse inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My controller is doing mouse inputs: So my xbox controller is doing mouse inputs like right clicking and scrolling.This started after I played halo master chief collection and idk how to fix it...
  9. My controller is doing mouse inputs

My controller is doing mouse inputs: So my xbox controller is doing mouse inputs like right clicking and scrolling.This started after I played halo master chief collection and idk how to fix it...
  10. Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...: Hello, everyone! I really need your help so I can "live the way I used to. " :D So far, I have been using programmable buttons on my mouse to change the volume on Windows for over a decade. Recently I decided to change my mouse to a new one, which also allows you to program...