Windows 10: mouse curser shadow still showing even when it's not on the file

Discus and support mouse curser shadow still showing even when it's not on the file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ok so basically for some reason there's this glitch that makes the icon on the desktop bar still show the grey even when the mouse isn't on it and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by unique22, Sep 24, 2022.

1. unique22 Win User

mouse curser shadow still showing even when it's not on the file

ok so basically for some reason there's this glitch that makes the icon on the desktop bar still show the grey even when the mouse isn't on it and only shows the name and not the thumbnail so Idk what to do

:)

unique22, Sep 24, 2022

2. Drop shadows for mouse and windows have disappears

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the below mouse settings and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X” and go to “control panel”.

• Click on “mouse” option.

• Then click on “pointers” tab and check the box “enable pointer shadow”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 24, 2022
  3. shadows not working on desktop (windows and mouse pointer)

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• When you say Shadows are you referring to drop shadows?
    • Were you able to get this shadows just after upgrade to Windows 10? If yes, were there any significant software or hardware changes made after that?

Drop shadow is a visual effect consisting of drawing that looks like the shadow of an object, giving the impression that the object is raised above the objects behind it.

Method 1:

If you have not tried the following steps you may check if it helps.

• • Open Control Panel and click System and security.

• Click on system.

• Click on Advanced system settings.

• Go to Advanced Tab.

• Select performance.

• Click settings.

• Check “Show shadows under windows” and click OK.

Method 2:

If the above method does not help, I would suggest you to try different background themes and check if it helps.

I hope the above information helps. If not, please get back to us with the updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Sep 24, 2022
  4. JeffOien Win User

Drop shadows for mouse and windows have disappears

Original Title: Drop Shadow Is Gone

Hi,

Drop shadows for mouse and windows have disappears. I also have aliasing (jagged edges) on mouse pointers that are supposed to be smooth, and are on my windows 7 system. I've updated the graphics drivers, gone into the longer list (can't remember where)
    where is has check boxes for mouse and window shadows, gone back to default theme, everything I could try. Is there anything else?

Dell 5000 series Windows 10 Home

JeffOien, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

1. mouse curser shadow still showing even when it's not on the file - Similar Threads - mouse curser shadow

2. Constantly blinking hourglass mouse curser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly blinking hourglass mouse curser: I had a blinking mouse hourglass curser for the last 2 days, and I had no idea how to fix it and online suggestions of restarting drivers was not working. After going through task manager and ending a fair bit of tasks VERY carefully not to mess up anything important I think...
  3. Constantly blinking hourglass mouse curser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constantly blinking hourglass mouse curser: I had a blinking mouse hourglass curser for the last 2 days, and I had no idea how to fix it and online suggestions of restarting drivers was not working. After going through task manager and ending a fair bit of tasks VERY carefully not to mess up anything important I think...
  4. Constantly blinking hourglass mouse curser

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. mouse curser shadow still showing even when it's not on the file

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse curser shadow still showing even when it's not on the file: ok so basically for some reason there's this glitch that makes the icon on the desktop bar still show the grey even when the mouse isn't on it and only shows the name and not the thumbnail so Idk what to do...
  6. mouse curser shadow still showing even when it's not on the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse curser shadow still showing even when it's not on the file: ok so basically for some reason there's this glitch that makes the icon on the desktop bar still show the grey even when the mouse isn't on it and only shows the name and not the thumbnail so Idk what to do...
  7. Giant size mouse pointer and curser.

in Windows 10 Support
    Giant size mouse pointer and curser.: For the longest time, my Win 10 (v 10.0.18363) PC has had an annoying habit of suddenly jumping from my small mouse pointer and curser size to a GIANT SIZE of each. The settings for such things has not changed, but I cannot find a way to reverse the change. Can anyone give me...
  8. Mouse curser freezes in search results.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse curser freezes in search results.: Mouse curser doesn't work in Search box when I do win+s So whenever I search something using Win+S, I can't use mouse curser to choose the search results, I've to use arrow keys to navigate because mouse curser freezes like in video...
  9. Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when ...: Directories and subdirectories still appear on File Explorer even when I have successfully deleted its contents (in the temporary files in setup-systems-storage) I just wonder why the folders are still there! Well, I’m just cleanings up and am curious if I can remove the...
  10. Stuck on Black screen showing mouse curser after trying to switch user

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on Black screen showing mouse curser after trying to switch user: Hi, I am really hoping someone might be able to help me with this issue. There seems to be a lot of info on the issue, but none of it has helped me with my problem. So awhile back I created a new user on my computer for the purpose of having a user name to set up a ftp...