Windows 10: Mouse cursor artifacts on 4k with higher DPI setting

Discus and support Mouse cursor artifacts on 4k with higher DPI setting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/0xbin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/doaufz/mouse_cursor_artifacts_on_4k_with_higher_dpi/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/0xbin, Oct 29, 2019.

1. /u/0xbin Win User

Mouse cursor artifacts on 4k with higher DPI setting

/u/0xbin, Oct 29, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

Is there any difference between 1000 DPI and 2000 DPI?

The DPI of a mouse is how far the mouse cursor will move on screen per inch of travel on the mousepad.

so a 2000dpi mouse cursor will travel twice as far as a 1000dpi mouse cursor for the same physical mouse movement.

High dpi mice are a must have when using larger/higher resolution screens other wise you would be moving your mouse all over your desk *Smile Mouse cursor artifacts on 4k with higher DPI setting :)

IggSter, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Mouse DPI

Hello Ray,

DPI is the standard used to measure the mouse sensitivity, expressed as the number of DPIs (dots per linear inch) that a device can detect. By changing the DPI, you can instantly adjust pointer speed for precision tasks,
    such as in-game targeting or photo editing. The greater the number of DPIs, the higher the mouse sensitivity, and the faster the pointer speed.
    PS/2 is a type of port used by older computers for connecting input devices such as keyboards and mice, which had six pins with a circular shape.

Some mouse models include dedicated buttons (DPI On-the-fly buttons) you can use to instantly adjust your mouse sensitivity (DPI).

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 29, 2019
  4. OnBoard Win User

Which DPI do you use for your gaming mouse?

1400 - 1200 - 1000

In the middle 1200 on desktop and most games. If i need a bit faster or slower those values are there for that. Might though change the faster one higher once my BC2 arrives.

'Just' 3 settings so that I know without looking where it's at and can get with one press to what I want.

btw. had a 1000dpi static dpi laser mouse before. Have upped the DPI in 50 steps. Started in 1100dpi with this mouse (G5).

OnBoard, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse cursor artifacts on 4k with higher DPI setting - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor artifacts

2. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue: I'm using an Egonomic Bluetooth mouse and if I set it to dpi 2400, it sometimes slows down and when I reset it, it comes back, but please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ergonomic-mouse-dpi-setting-issue/b65c88a7-ecc4-4c39-b4f6-02deef2ebb58
  3. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue: I'm using an Egonomic Bluetooth mouse and if I set it to dpi 2400, it sometimes slows down and when I reset it, it comes back, but please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ergonomic-mouse-dpi-setting-issue/b65c88a7-ecc4-4c39-b4f6-02deef2ebb58
  4. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse cursor trying to click higher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor trying to click higher: So I have no clue why this is happening but it’s for one game and also I’ve not found anything about this but my cursor is trying to click higher then what I am trying to click, Example: I hover over settings but it selects the option above settings but still not settings and...
  6. Mouse cursor trying to click higher

Mouse cursor trying to click higher: So I have no clue why this is happening but it’s for one game and also I’ve not found anything about this but my cursor is trying to click higher then what I am trying to click, Example: I hover over settings but it selects the option above settings but still not settings and...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard Center not saving DPI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard Center not saving DPI settings: I am running the latest version of Mouse and Keyboard Center, the device I'm having issues with is the Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse. Whenever I set the DPI to max 2400, windows is unable to remember this setting and reverts to a lower DPI setting. I have tried to update the...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard Center not saving DPI settings

Mouse and Keyboard Center not saving DPI settings: I am running the latest version of Mouse and Keyboard Center, the device I'm having issues with is the Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse. Whenever I set the DPI to max 2400, windows is unable to remember this setting and reverts to a lower DPI setting. I have tried to update the...
  9. High DPI Mouse - Freezing lagging and jumping - Win10 4K display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High DPI Mouse - Freezing lagging and jumping - Win10 4K display: Hello Helpers I am Helpless I bought a new Dell 4K 32" and then everything starts. I had to scale my display to 150% less than this and I can't work I am a graphic designer and with 4K my programs and windows UI and my old mouse were really bad. so I bought Nvidia Quadro...
  10. Mouse cursor with 4K-resolution?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor with 4K-resolution?: I am running 3840x2160 on my computer with 250% scaling. This generally looks ok, but the mouse cursor looks really bad. Are there some way to make it look better in very high resolution and scaling? 44673