Windows 10: Mouse cursor becomes almost invisible in certain text editing applications

Discus and support Mouse cursor becomes almost invisible in certain text editing applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SO, Working in Quark Xpress for years has been fun, but I'm now running a 1903Win10 pc and it's got a little niggling feature that has to be generated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Writing Clam, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Mouse cursor becomes almost invisible in certain text editing applications

SO,

Working in Quark Xpress for years has been fun, but I'm now running a 1903Win10 pc and it's got a little niggling feature that has to be generated by windows.

When editing text, the cursor changes from a standard pointer or crosshair to a special looking one that appears like an "I-Beam with adjacent text" or occasionally, simply an I-Beam.

This is not normally an issue, but it's taken to making the cursor white in colour, which when the text editing background is also white, it's now invisible.

I've tried all the obvious things, pointer properties makes no difference, all schemes or themes do the same. None of the properties I can tweak have this feature showing/listed. I specifically change it to a wacky/crazy scheme, normally a pita, but still this happens.

I'm beginning to think it's not a windows feature, but there is nothing within Quark that allows it to change the mouse appearance. Or at least there is nothing that I can access that allows this to be modified.

I've looked in all the obvious areas, but nothing is there that makes any sense.

:)

Writing Clam, Aug 14, 2020

2. Cursor turning invisible without warning

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists if the cursor is not changed and using the default mouse cursor for both gaming and accessing the computer. If the issue still persists, follow the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices/touchpad.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and click on uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Invisible Text...?

I'd love to...but even there all the text is invisible unless I click on something, uh oh...

MrJayTCarter, Aug 14, 2020
  4. MaxMarvin Win User

Mouse cursor becomes almost invisible in certain text editing applications

Mouse cursor invisible when playing any full screen game (Windows 10)

For the past day and a half whenever I am playing a fullscreen game I can not see my cursor, however, it does still work as in I am still able to press buttons or play the game normally outside of menus. I have tried to generic results given to everyone
    which were designed for Windows8:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to disable it and check for the results. Follow the steps to do so:

• Press Windows and X keys together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Mouse.
    • Navigate to pointer options tab.
    • Under Visibility, uncheck the box which says “display pointer trails”.
    • Click on OK to close the window.
    Check if you find the same issue. If yes, move to the next method.

Method 2:

Follow the steps below to change the display text size to 100 % and check if it resolves the issue:

• Right Click on the desktop screen and select Personalize.
    • Click on Display.
    • Check the box that says “let me choose one scaling level for all my display”. Choose Smaller (100%)-default.
    • Click on Apply. Restart the game and check if the point becomes invisible again.

I have tried restarting my laptop (dell latitude e7470)

I am running Windows 10 as of 9/23/17

Windows Defender is on

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

MaxMarvin, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Mouse cursor becomes almost invisible in certain text editing applications

1. Mouse cursor becomes almost invisible in certain text editing applications - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor becomes

2. invisible cursor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    invisible cursor.: Hey, I have a question incase someone knows. Whenever I have downloaded games like GTA, Valorant, or any steam game, my cursor is not showing at all. I came far enough to reset my computer and its settings and its not working, my cursor still wont show, but works in roblox...
  3. invisible cursor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    invisible cursor.: Hey, I have a question incase someone knows. Whenever I have downloaded games like GTA, Valorant, or any steam game, my cursor is not showing at all. I came far enough to reset my computer and its settings and its not working, my cursor still wont show, but works in roblox...
  4. Mouse pointer becomes invisible at times and semi invisible other times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer becomes invisible at times and semi invisible other times: Hey guys,Not sure the best way to describe this issue, but recently my mouse pointer has been disappearing on me completely sometimes and other times it loses its black border or if I change to the full black mouse pointer, the whole filling which leaves just the white...
  5. Mouse pointer becomes invisible at times and semi invisible other times

Mouse pointer becomes invisible at times and semi invisible other times: Hey guys,Not sure the best way to describe this issue, but recently my mouse pointer has been disappearing on me completely sometimes and other times it loses its black border or if I change to the full black mouse pointer, the whole filling which leaves just the white...
  6. Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!

Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!: Hello... I had a fresh install of Windows10 a month ago.After the installation I have problems with the cursor, it becomes really big for no reason.I go to the Mouse Settings and there is no change in the settings... after I slide to the right and go back to the left the...
  7. Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!: Hello... I had a fresh install of Windows10 a month ago.After the installation I have problems with the cursor, it becomes really big for no reason.I go to the Mouse Settings and there is no change in the settings... after I slide to the right and go back to the left the...
  8. Mouse cursor becomes HUGE suddenly!

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Invisible Ink almost?

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Ink almost?: Hi Folks, How can I make this clearer? [img] 150452
  10. Sometimes my cursor becomes invisible inside a window

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes my cursor becomes invisible inside a window: I am using Windows 10 1703. For whatever reason, the mouse cursor will disappear inside a window/program (I haven't found a pattern for which windows). The cursor is visible when I take it out of the window, and invisible again when I put it back in. Sometimes the problem is...