Windows 10: Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

Discus and support Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GoombaShaboombda, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game?

:)

GoombaShaboombda, Apr 10, 2022
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Color Changes to mouse hover

Don, I've included a "Step Recording" for you to view. It shows the results of hover and click on your issues. Open in your browser.

Even though the step text says "click", it's obvious where I was hovering.

It did not pick up the hover text on the 3 power options, but they did display and were not blacked out. Nothing was blacked out on any of these steps. Probably the Step Recorder doesn't pick up tool tip messages on sub-menus. All appeared normal on my display.

What are the 2 tray icons still missing?

Please try the icon cache reset, it can cure a lot of goofy tray issues.

Also, you may want to try running MCBUILDER.exe from an Admin cmd line, followed by a restart. It rebuilds the Microsoft Resource cache.

(I smell a dogfight coming!)

Cheers! *Cool Dick...

f14tomcat, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Mouse cursor

Hi Yasir

All that has been suggested I have tried. I have uninstalled : and reinstalled the mouse and also a spare mouse that I had. No change!!!

To clarify, if I go to Win 10 settings choose Devices/Mouse/Related settings, Under related settings(White Print) reads in a Coloured Print 'Additional mouse settings'

The cursor is an arrow head when hovering over 'Related settings' but hover over 'Additional settings@ and the cursor changes to double ended arrow horizontal line.

Regards

Richard1166, Apr 10, 2022
  4. niksus Win User

Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor

I got the Anniversary Update a month or two back. And ever since I have this problem on desktop icons.
    The mouse hover selection is shifted away from cursor, in a way that the next icon is selected, not the one under cursor.

When I click, the icon with the hover selection is started, not the one under cursor.
    This only happens with desktop icons.

Tried to update drivers, but nothing's changed.

niksus, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

1. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button - Similar Threads - Mouse Cursor change

2. Pop-up when mouse cursor hovers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up when mouse cursor hovers: Hello, the pop up dialouge boxes appear whenever mouse cursor hovers on that particular option and gives name or details, and it can be very difficult navigate. I have attached screenshots and can it be disable it. Thanks...
  3. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button: Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-change-to-hand-when-i-hover-over-a/bddda35d-c2c9-464e-ba6e-f0a5645236c8
  4. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button: Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-change-to-hand-when-i-hover-over-a/bddda35d-c2c9-464e-ba6e-f0a5645236c8
  5. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  6. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  7. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse cursor invisible when hovering pen over drawing tablet: Hey guys! I recently saved a pre-Win10 non-Wacom drawing tablet from being thrown away and would like to use it on my non-touch notebook. Features and accuracy seem great to at least get started with digital drawing. The only issue I have, which makes is absolutely unusable...
  9. Mouse Cursor Changed to I-Beam and Yellow Hand

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Cursor Changed to I-Beam and Yellow Hand: My mouse cursor is now "permanently" an I-Beam with a small yellow hand on top of it. They move together and act as if the same icon. I am assuming I accidentally turned on some feature, but I am stumped as to what this feature is. How do I restore my mouse cursor back to...
  10. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...