Windows 10: Mouse Cursor changes to excel cross when on second screen

Discus and support Mouse Cursor changes to excel cross when on second screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, One of our users has reported a strange bug, and has us stumped. When his mouse is on his 3rd screen (laptop and two screens, using dell dock),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Callum Webb, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mouse Cursor changes to excel cross when on second screen

Hi,

One of our users has reported a strange bug, and has us stumped.

When his mouse is on his 3rd screen (laptop and two screens, using dell dock), it changes from the regular cursor to the excel cross, as if there is a spreadsheet open there.

The first thing I suggested was restart, so he did, and the mouse still changes.

The second thing i checked was to see if his graphics/dock drivers are up to date - they are.

I then spent some time searching online for this issue, and found nothing similar. There are a few where the mouse changes to weird shapes, which was solved by adding mouse trails and changing trail length to the smallest. On this laptop it simply trails the excel mouse..

I look forward to replies, and suggestions,

Thanks,

Callum

:)

Callum Webb, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Mouse Cursor changes to excel cross when on second screen

1. Mouse Cursor changes to excel cross when on second screen - Similar Threads - Mouse Cursor changes

2. Mouse cursor stuck in center of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor stuck in center of screen: My mouse cursor suddenly froze in the corner of my screen after closing a game, i restarted my computer and ive also googled alot and reinstalled drivers and so far nothing has worked im using a m65 pro corsair mouse and i cant buy a new one so thats a no go, also im on a...
  3. Excel 10 cursor stuck as cross

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel 10 cursor stuck as cross: Windows 10 64 bit / MS Office Home and Student 2010 My cursor changed today from being an arrow to being a cross. I want the arrow back. The standard answer for fixing this seems to be: File to Options to Advanced then select Drag and Drop option. That option was ALREADY...
  4. black screen with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with mouse cursor: how can I fix black screen with mouse cursor ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-mouse-cursor/1bf545a7-be98-4c0f-b9b5-d3432942393e
  5. Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor: So this happened recently and I have spent all day trying to figure it out! My mouse cursor is constantly blinking with that hourglass symbol next to it signifying its "working in the background" I have researched it a ton and cant fix it myself. From what I've gathered there...
  6. My mouse cursor changed to an older version and my screen glitched..

in Windows 10 Customization
    My mouse cursor changed to an older version and my screen glitched..: Sorry for my poor grammar. My mouse cursor changed to an older version. I don't exactly know why, but after downloading some themes on themebeta, my mouse cursor changed and it really freaks me out. I downloaded a slideshow theme ( i don't know how to explain it ). It is used...
  7. My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor

My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor: As the title says, while my second monitor is turned on everything is okay and working fine, but when i turn it off cursor starts lagging and whole system lags. Tried to find the solution online but didn't find anything similar. Hope you cant try to help me! Ps this happened...
  8. mouse cursor

mouse cursor: My cursor shows up on some pages, but it does not show up on Google pages. This just started this morning. How can I get the cursor to show up on my Google pages?...
  9. Cursor crosses over to second screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor crosses over to second screen: Hi, this started happening to me after a windows reinstall. When i play games that lock the cursor to screen 1 and i move the cursor to the right edge the arrow becomes seen on screen 2 even though its point cannot leave screen 1. Example: if i move the cursor up and down...
  10. A black screen with the mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    A black screen with the mouse cursor: I tried to press F8 frequently during the start up to enter the safe mode with cmd, but seems that windows ignores my pressings. i made a bootable flash drive and wrote a command to enter the safe mode. but when it enters the windows, i can hear that welcoming tone of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor on excel changes to crosss