Windows 10: Mouse cursor disappears after standby (Desktop).

Discus and support Mouse cursor disappears after standby (Desktop). in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sys specs : Windows 10 x64 1903 - up to date. RTX2080 431.36 1 x Samsung 34" (DP) 2 x Benq XL2411P (DP) Logitech MX Master 2S (Logitech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SilencE.., Jul 14, 2019.

1. SilencE.. Win User

Mouse cursor disappears after standby (Desktop).

Sys specs :

Windows 10 x64 1903 - up to date.

RTX2080 431.36

1 x Samsung 34" (DP)

2 x Benq XL2411P (DP)

Logitech MX Master 2S (Logitech software installed)

(Doubt the rest matters if you've read what happens)..

I press my spacebar (any key(s) in that general area)/move the mouse to take system out of standby (standby is just screens turned off, system is actually running).

When the screens go on there's some flickering, stuff goes in to the right places and the mouse cursor appears in the center screen.
    However when i move to either left or right screen it's gone, you still see interaction on buttons when moving over the screen but you just can't see it.

The solution is.... Turn screens off and on again... This kinda negates having the screens go standby automatically then i could turn them off myself.

If anymore system info is wanted i can post that here, thanks for reading.

:)

SilencE.., Jul 14, 2019

2. Mouse cursor disappearing

Hello, I am using Win10 desktop with wired mouse; it's been working quite well for me until lately. I've had this Dell computer about 3 or so years, now.
    My mouse cursor has started to disappear at random times, only coming back when I rapidly move the mouse back and forth across the pad/screen.
    I thought it might be that the wire might have gotten damaged, so I unplugged that mouse, put in a wireless mouse USB plug, and used a wireless mouse for over an hour.
    Same issue. When I move my mouse up to the upper right-hand corner, it disappears. Move it to the extreme left, it comes back again. It's when the cursor touches the right side of the screen, I have noticed, that it disappears.
    No difference when using a full-screen game, a browser, or if I'm on the desktop . . . it acts the same way in each case.

KateEldridge93, Jul 14, 2019
  3. Mouse cursor disappearing

Whenever I close my windows 10 laptop, my mouse cursor disappears. Without a cursor I can't click on anything. Is their any way to prevent it from disappearing?

dmendoza2987, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Mouse cursor disappears after standby (Desktop).

Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? hard to tell what I am doing

Hi, Last

My name is Milagros, Independent Advisor

If your mouse pointer or cursor disappears or has gone misisng on your Windows 10 PC then if you earlier enabled the Show location of pointer when I press Ctrl key option, then you may press the CTRL key to make te pointer appear. ... Open Control Panel > Mouse
    > Pointer Options

Solution 1. Use Windows Function Keys to Get the Disappearing Cursor Back in Windows 10

The installation of Windows 10 may disable the function of your mouse cursor, causing the mouse pointer missing on Windows 10. If that’s the case, it could be possibly resolved by pressing the Windows function keys on your keyboard.

Depending on your keyboard and mouse model, the Windows keys you should hit are varying from one to another. Thus you may try the following combinations to make your disappearing cursor back to visible in Windows 10: Fn + F3 / Fn + F5 / Fn + F9 / Fn + F11.

If using the Fn keys to retrieve the missing cursor doesn’t work for bringing the mouse cursor back, there could be some errors with your mouse driver in Windows 10. Since upgrading Windows OS sometimes leads to driver or software compatibility issue. To fit
    Windows 10 with the compatible mouse drivers, you might as well roll back your mouse driver or update it.

Solution 2. Update the Mouse Driver to Fix the Missing Cursor in Windows 10

Step 1. Press Windows + R keys altogether to bring out the Run box.

Step 2. Type devmgmt.msc and then hit Enter to open Device Manager

Step 3. Press Tab to switch to devices list.

Step 4. Use arrow keys to scroll down to Mice and other pointing devices and use the right arrow key to expand it.

Step 5. Use the down arrow key to select your mouse device.

Step 6. Press Shift + F10 open the context menu.

Step 7. Choose Update driver with arrow keys and hit Enter.

Step 8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions to finish the updates and then check whether the lost cursor or mouse not working issue persists on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop PC.

Good luck..

MilagrosM2020, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Mouse cursor disappears after standby (Desktop).

1. Mouse cursor disappears after standby (Desktop). - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor disappears

2. Cursor / Mouse disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor / Mouse disappeared: My cursor has completely disappeared from my computer. I have shut down, restarted my computer but it won't return. I can press control to locate it, but it does not show. I can sometimes move it around short distances but for the most part it won't respond....
  3. Cursor / Mouse disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor / Mouse disappeared: My cursor has completely disappeared from my computer. I have shut down, restarted my computer but it won't return. I can press control to locate it, but it does not show. I can sometimes move it around short distances but for the most part it won't respond....
  4. my mouse cursor disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse cursor disappeared after restart: hello my laptop updated to windows 11. after the updated it suddenly restarted and shut down so i turned it back on evrything was ok but the touchpad is not working even the touch pad option in mice and other pointing devices is not visible can you please provide a solution...
  5. my mouse cursor disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my mouse cursor disappeared after restart: hello my laptop updated to windows 11. after the updated it suddenly restarted and shut down so i turned it back on evrything was ok but the touchpad is not working even the touch pad option in mice and other pointing devices is not visible can you please provide a solution...
  6. my mouse cursor disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse cursor disappears.

Mouse cursor disappears.: Just recently my cursor has started disappearing in games and in Win 10. I have tried what has been told to others to fix this but nothing i try makes a difference. It does what it wants....
  8. Mouse Cursor Disappears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Cursor Disappears: So I was using my computer for a few hours worked fine, turned it off and let it charge, when I turned it on again the mouse cursor disappeared, plugged in a wired mouse and it pops up, but when I unplug it, it disappeared again, someone help please. I’m on a laptop if that...
  9. Mouse cursor disappears after phone is connected

Mouse cursor disappears after phone is connected: Hi, this only happens to me once or twice a month, but it's really annoying. As soon as I connect my andriod phone to my PC running Windows 10 Pro, my mouse cursor disappears. It reappears immediately after I disconnect the phone. This doesn't happen every time I connect...
  10. Mouse cursor disappearing

Mouse cursor disappearing: Hello, I am using Win10 desktop with wired mouse; it's been working quite well for me until lately. I've had this Dell computer about 3 or so years, now. My mouse cursor has started to disappear at random times, only coming back when I rapidly move the mouse back and forth...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse pointer goes weird windows 10