Windows 10: mouse cursor erratic and impossible to control

Discus and support mouse cursor erratic and impossible to control in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to fix an erratic mouse movement in windows 10. HP computer was upgraded to win 10 edge.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Phil and Sheila San, Jan 23, 2021.

1. mouse cursor erratic and impossible to control

How to fix an erratic mouse movement in windows 10. HP computer was upgraded to win 10 edge.

:)

Phil and Sheila San, Jan 23, 2021
  2. loopyhoop Win User

Cursor erratic and impossible to control

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. Since then, the cursor has become increasingly erratic and jumps about to the point that I literally cannot do anything, regardless of whether I use the mouse or the touchpad. I've managed to close
    it down to restart it ( - took the best part of an hour to achieve that!) but nothing's changed. Damn this upgrade. Wish I'd never agreed to it. Please help!

loopyhoop, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Cursor erratic and impossible to control

Hi,

Thank You for posting in Microsoft community.

-Have you installed the latest touchpad drivers from Lenovo support site?

Method 1:

Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to troubleshoot the device:

a. Press Windows key to launch the Start screen.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Press windows key + X,

Click Control Panel> click Hardware> and then click Mouse.

Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do the following:

-Uncheck the Hide pointer while typing box. (give in steps)

Method 3:

Adjust Sensitivity of Touch Pad

1. Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Select Hardware and Sound option.

3. Under Devices and Printers, select Mouse.

4. When the Mouse Properties window appears, click the Pointer Options tab.

5. Under Select a pointer speed, click to move the slider bar closer to Slow.

6. Verify that the Enhance pointer precision checkbox is checked.

7. Click OK.

Hope it helps.

Reply us back with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 23, 2021
  4. mouse cursor erratic and impossible to control

Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

The cursor/mouse is erratic and out of control flashing in the upper left corner, opening/closing, selecting files that might be in that corner. Makes its impossible to use. I'm running Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. The only temporary fix is
    if i shrink down the screen resolution to 1024x768 which is no acceptable to work on such a small screen version. How do i fix this so it doesn't become erratic so i can restore my back the recommended resolution size?

Meemmeem_811, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

mouse cursor erratic and impossible to control

1. mouse cursor erratic and impossible to control - Similar Threads - mouse cursor erratic

2. joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    joystick on controller controlling mouse cursor: how do i disable the joystick on my controller from controlling the mouse? yesterday it was fine and all of a sudden this is happening please help...
  3. Erratic Cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Erratic Cursor: All of a sudden, my cursor has gone crazy. It will go into a continuous scroll pattern. It will print the letters in a word I enter...backwards. It will not stay where I put it. We purchased a new Mouse and that did nothing. We have done shutdown many times...power off. I...
  4. Erratic Cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Erratic Cursor: All of a sudden, my cursor has gone crazy. It will go into a continuous scroll pattern. It will print the letters in a word I enter...backwards. It will not stay where I put it. We purchased a new Mouse and that did nothing. We have done shutdown many times...power off. I...
  5. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  6. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  7. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  9. Erratic mouse cursor behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic mouse cursor behavior.: My mouse is having a tendency to chage icons when transitioning from windows or over text. Gets stuck on different cusor icons and sometimes two parallel lines that are vertical. Ive checked windows updates and even done a reset of the pc resetting the OS....
  10. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: I installed Windows 10 on day one or two of the upgrade and have been using it since on my Toshiba 64 bit laptop. It was an upgrade from 8.1. A note that this laptop is a touch screen that I cracked, disabling the touch function a year or so ago. No problems on Windows 8....