Windows 10: Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted

Discus and support Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I noticed that I am not able to change my cursor. I went to personalize>Themes>Mouse cursor. When I clicked on "Mouse cursor" this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BNibir, Jun 8, 2020.

1. BNibir Win User

Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted

Hi,

Recently I noticed that I am not able to change my cursor. I went to personalize>Themes>Mouse cursor. When I clicked on "Mouse cursor" this error message pops up. I remembered that at the first day when I bought my PC I used to change my cursor into black. But no such settings I can not see right now. Can anyone help me with this please?

Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted f0567d5a-68c9-40d2-a0d7-e5b1a374a1e1?upload=true.png

:)

BNibir, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Dan_S_J Win User

Cursor files corrupt or missing

My laptop just completely froze, couldn't press any buttons or move mouse and screen was frozen but music was still playing so I had to do a hard reboot and when I turned it back on I had a larger looking cursor and an hour glass next to it when things
    were loading like older windows OS had. I went to change it back to the windows 10 cursor in mouse and trackpad setting but as soon as I open up the pointer tab in additional mouse options I get a pop up telling me all of my aero.cur files are either missing
    or corrupt. Restarting laptop again had no effect.
    Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted 8181a302-621b-404c-81d4-a21e00d9043c.jpg

Dan_S_J, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Vertical lines behind text cursor. HELP!

Hi,

It is possible that the vertical lines behind text cursor that you see, is can be due to corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the Meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and restore corrupted files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor file

2. missing mouse file ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing mouse file ...: looking at my mouse properties I get a messageThe C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ursors\pin_eoa.cur file , which contains the 'Location Select' cursor is either missing or corrupt.Well, it's missing.The mouse seems to be working OK....
  3. missing mouse file ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing mouse file ...: looking at my mouse properties I get a messageThe C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ursors\pin_eoa.cur file , which contains the 'Location Select' cursor is either missing or corrupt.Well, it's missing.The mouse seems to be working OK....
  4. corrupt mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupt mouse cursor: Every day my cursor would go to the top of my screen and start shaking. Sometimes a white box would go around it. And other times the cursor won't show but looks like I am touching the screen even though I'm not. Every time I try to move it with my mouse it won't move out of...
  5. Lost mouse cursor with corrupted drivers

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost mouse cursor with corrupted drivers: Lost mouse cursor and also have error message on access to one drive. Have tried removing mouse drivers, but on restart no success. Do I need to make a restoration disk?...
  6. Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop cursor not working and cursor file missing/corrupt: I'm unable to use the touchpad on my laptop and after a lot of checking on my laptop, it says that a file called "pin_eoa.cur" is either missing or corrupt. It says that it contains the "Location Select" cursor. However, whenever I use command sfc/scannow, it says all files...
  7. Corrupted Mouse Cursor Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Mouse Cursor Win10: Every few days or so my mouse cursor will behave oddly in the sense that Windows will choose the wrong cursor. For example, on the desktop the cursor will change from the pointing hand, to the spinning wheel, to the scroll arrows, etc. I can still click everything, but the...
  8. File explorer or mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer or mouse cursor: I open File explorer and just hovering over documents,downloads,videos,... etc. will make my cursor flicker between loading selecting and pointing and i've even spam clicked not on a file but just a blank page and that has made it even worse it opened windows media player. I...
  9. Missing mouse cursor style files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing mouse cursor style files: After the latest Windows feature update (version 1809), I no longer have the default mouse cursor styles. These are the ones that use the hourglass when loading or busy and have the longer 'stalk' on the pointer. I can't even find the files for the style anymore in the folder...
  10. Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt: Windows was requiring an update, so I let windows run the update, and a restart was required. After the restart several things did not load, or load properly. 1. First thing I noticed is, I never liked a simple white mouse cursor, so I use a yellow cursor, that worked in...