Windows 10: Mouse cursor flickers when renaming files or folders

Discus and support Mouse cursor flickers when renaming files or folders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! After upgrading to version 2004, cursor flickering appeared when entering a rename text box and other explorer.exe text inputs Problem on video:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Srakasan, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Srakasan Win User

Mouse cursor flickers when renaming files or folders

Hi!

After upgrading to version 2004, cursor flickering appeared when entering a rename text box and other explorer.exe text inputs

Problem on video:
    https://imgur.com/a/UqFdo9A

I will be glad to know the solution to this annoying little thing

:)

Srakasan, Jun 16, 2020

2. Mouse Cursor Flickering on Windows 10

This is a really annoying problem.

Two things seem to be happening. First is the mouse cursor is flickering. It's as if it's having an anxiety attack. The flicker can also interfere when trying to click on icons, although most of the clicking feature seem to work okay most of the time.

The second thing I noticed is that down at the bottom of the screen is a big circle that has an arrow in it. This arrow flickers in rhythm with the cursor.

I have tried every suggestion I can find on the internet, including those from this forum. I've deleted device drivers for both the mouse and video card and the intel driver, changed screen resolution, tried changing mouse settings, tried changing the settings
    of my video drivers, I tried changing the performance settings, I changed the boot up settings in my Bios. I tried starting up without my usual start up programs. Nothing stopped the flickering.

I use a USB mouse, so I tried different USB ports. I also tried a wireless mouse. The flicker did not stop in either case. I think it's a problem with the Windows update. I had this problem some months back, but it stopped. Then I updated a few days ago
    and the mouse flickering started up again.

I did notice that while in my Bios the cursor did not flicker. While in Windows 10, as I am now the mouse cursor does flicker.

Help.

Mouse cursor flickers when renaming files or folders 235fe351-f9f2-4393-bf43-c35d7e07f2ad?upload=true.jpg

jimclay75051, Jun 16, 2020
  3. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Mouse cursor flickers when renaming files or folders

Renaming local files and folders issue

Hi,

To further assist you with renaming local files and folders, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and see the steps which has the marked as answer.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Mouse cursor flickers when renaming files or folders

1. Mouse cursor flickers when renaming files or folders - Similar Threads - Mouse cursor flickers

2. Mouse cursor flickering in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor flickering in windows 11: the mouse cursor is flickering continuously and window screen is maximized and minimized continuously , i solved it so many by seeing videos from you tube but again it is flickering like that only . what i have to do to resolve this issue and provide a procedure to resolve...
  3. Mouse cursor flickering in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor flickering in windows 11: the mouse cursor is flickering continuously and window screen is maximized and minimized continuously , i solved it so many by seeing videos from you tube but again it is flickering like that only . what i have to do to resolve this issue and provide a procedure to resolve...
  4. Cursor flickering when renaming file/folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor flickering when renaming file/folder: This has been happening for at least a month and a half now, in which renaming files or folders while the cursor is on file explorer or the desktop causes it to flicker and sometimes straight-up vanish until I move the mouse. While it's not too annoying, I can only find one...
  5. Cursor flickering when renaming file/folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor flickering when renaming file/folder: This has been happening for at least a month and a half now, in which renaming files or folders while the cursor is on file explorer or the desktop causes it to flicker and sometimes straight-up vanish until I move the mouse. While it's not too annoying, I can only find one...
  6. Cursor flickering when renaming file/folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Programs flicker when hovering mouse cursor over them: When I move my mouse cursor over ui elements in windows programs, they disapear and reapear. How can I stop this from happening? I have linked video footage of it occuring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkxL2rStpR0...
  8. Flickering Mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flickering Mouse cursor: This is a relatively new problem for me. The mouse has a fully charged battery (I think) but the problem is continuing. I've tried Google but I don't appear to have the HP Simple Pass program which is mentioned by some people. If it matters, I'm 72 and not exactly the...
  9. my mouse cursor if flickering and dissapears when not moving?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse cursor if flickering and dissapears when not moving?: Hello, My mouse cursor is flickering constantly when I move it and disappears when not moving. Changed mouse's and problem still persists. Have to shut down the computer for it to work normally again but that doesn't last long. I've been told that I may need to reinstall the...
  10. Rename file folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename file folder: When I am trying to rename a number of files. I can do one and then for the next ones the program says the file is in use and cannot be changed. It is not in use anywhere. In order to rename, I have to close right out of File Explorer and then go back in and rename one file...